Five.

Month One
Your POV

Breaking out of old habits was a pain in my ass. I didn't have any junk food that I could eat. All I had was fruits and vegetables. Myron and I would meal prep together every week, which was always the best part because it felt like old times. Myron was staying with me to keep me on track.

My mom still didn't want to talk to me, but I was talking to Megan more often. After that one day where I picked up the phone, she had called and texted every day after that. Spent hours on the phone. Even if we weren't saying anything. It was just the thought of us being on the phone together. When it came to FaceTiming, I had always came up with an excuse. I didn't want her seeing me like that.

Month one. I dropped sixty pounds like it was nothing. My breathing was better. My skin was doing better. My overall health was getting better. I had days where I wanted to give up, but I thought about my promise to Megan. I wasn't going to break that. It was a pinky promise. They meant more.

I'd wake up. Stretch. Brush my teeth. Wash my face. Eat breakfast. Go for a run. Quick shower. Eat lunch. Go to the gym. Have a light snack. Stretch. Shower. Go to therapy (On Wednesdays). Get some work done. Have dinner. Mediate. Get some sleep.

That was my schedule and I stuck to it. I wanted to see the love of my life. I had to see her. It had been too long. I wasn't losing the weight just for her. I was doing it for myself. I wanted to be able to run and play around like I was able to. I wanted to feel better both physically and mentally. I wanted to live.

I wanted to live and nothing was going to stop me from that.

"Come on, baby boy. We're about to beat your record. You got this," Myron said as he ran beside me. I sped up and gave it my all. I beat my time by fifteen minutes.

"I did it," I said victoriously.

"You fucking did. I'm proud of you," Myron said hugging me. I laughed and pushed him away.

"It's too hot for that shit, man," I told him and he laughed.

"Come on. Go get in the shower," he told me as we walked back up towards my house. I showered and ate lunch with Myron in the kitchen.

"How's everything going with Megan?" he asked me and I blushed.

"We're just catching up with each other. I still trying to break out of the habit of not talking to people. So I just talk about random things with her," I told him and he smiled.

"Good. How's therapy going?" he asked.

"It's going well. Started talking about dad and stuff like that now, so I'm just trying not to fall back because I'm doing good. I don't wanna go back to before. Shit was miserable, but it was also comforting. Now I'm trying to find comfort in something else," I explained and he nodded.

"Keep up the good work. I'm proud of you," he said and I nodded.

"Couldn't do it with out you, man," I said.

"You know I'm always here. I always have been and I always will be," he said rubbing the back of my head. I nodded smiling.

"I know," I told him and we finished eating lunch. I took a short nap before going to the gym with Myron.

"Let's go," Myron said and I groaned rolling out of the bed. I put on my shoes and stretched before we left. At the gym, I was use to all the stares. I just ignored them and got my workout in. Plus I had Myron there, so I had someone to talk to and joke with. I was able to curl thirty five pounds again, so I was excited to see my progress as I continued. The first place I lost weight in was my face. Next was my stomach. It was weird, but I just went with it.

"You'll be back to where you were in no time," Myron said to me and I nodded wiping the sweat off of my forehead.

"I want to pass that," I told him and he nodded.

"You will," he replied. After the long workout, we went home. I showered and ate my dinner. Megan had sent me a goodnight text because she knew I went to bed early. I texted back of course and stretched/meditated before going to sleep.

One month down.

Six more to go.

Sorry for any grammatical errors.