La Rencontre

____________________

Chapter - 8
____________

"Good morning, Sleepy Red." Leaf looked at Red, smiling as he opened his eyes and pandiculated on the bunk. He forced himself up, though he wanted to sleep, but he certainly did not want to waste an hour sleeping when he could spend it with Leaf.

"These bunks are getting smaller and smaller." Red complained, jumping down the upper bunk.

"I should be having more problems, I'm taller." Said Leaf, casually. Red did not take it casually.

"Just a couple of inches." Red stood close to Leaf, comparing their heights together. His head was at Leaf's ear level.

Leaf smiled and hugged Red. "Aw, Sleepy Red is also Little Red."

Red was angry, but it was coming from Leaf so it was fine to him. He was really happy that he got another chance to travel with his best friend. Red becomes fearless when he is with Leaf, around Leaf he feels confident and personable.

"I'm going to get a shower." Leaf picked up her bag and walked outside with a smile. Red walked to the table where his bag was kept. He noticed a novel which belonged to Leaf.

She's still reading Harry Potter? - thought Red, picking up the novel and reading the title. Heroes of Olympus, House of Hades. Leaf don't you ever get bored?

Red put the novel back and pulled out his journal. He started writing his diary entry for the previous day.

Dear Diary, today will be different, my wish came true today, I met Leaf and she's doing great. She's as pure as the day we last met. Today, I will smile and it would be my true one, no pretending anymore. I just wish I could tell her that I-

"Red!" Leaf entered the room. "Sinnoh bathrooms were much better. How do I look?"

Leaf wore her old outift. She wore her old teal blue t-shirt with her same red skirt she used to wear with it. She had a white hat, the one with a rim, and a red curve in the centre. Her blue socks were tighter, Leaf had finally grown into them.

"Those are small for you." Red smiled. "Why are you wearing that?"

"I thought you said you loved this outfit, so-" Said Leaf, blushing. "Do you like it?"

"I love it." Red slowly hid his journal in his bag. "Forget what I said, you look amazing, don't ever wear the black one."

"Yay, okay." Leaf cheered in joy. "Color is also matching." Red smiled.

Red had a plan for the day, he wanted to spend time with Leaf in a good way without any trouble, just him and her. He would give anything for a day like that, where he could just sit with Leaf without anyone interrupting and talk to her. Both took off towards Petalburg Woods, which would finally lead them to Rustboro City.

The day was partially sunny, but mostly cloudy. Red had a feeling it was going to rain. Please rain today - thought Red. Hoping to sit inside a nice restaurant and talk to Leaf all the time.

Leaf tried to walk slowly, she wanted her journey as slow as possible, and this time she'll get more time with Red.

In Kanto, I was called back home for about a month. Hopefully this time, there is no interruption, I want this to be perfect. – thought Leaf, excited.

"Tell me more about that time travel part, sounds interesting." Asked Leaf, initiating conversation. She just wanted to talk.

"Oh, let me tell you from the beginning." Red tried to remember everything. "Okay, last year in Celadon, Eevee's caught date was this year's and place was Violet-"