Chapter 12

"After what I caught you doing, I don't think you're the one that needs answers. Training room, now."

The tension in the air rose tenfold as the two looked at each other. Shimo gently shook her little brother awake His tired teal eyes groggily looked around before the sight of their father woke him fully. Shoto's grip on her clothes tightened as she stood up to face their father.

"Stay here you three, we'll get back to catching up once he's done."

Fire sparked around him at her words toward her siblings. All of them knew there was no avoiding an upcoming fight. Even if she held no interest in facing him, he definitely had a few words for her. She gazed at the flaming hero with apathy, her face completely devoid of any emotion as she followed him to his personal training room.

It was quiet as the two of them made their way to the smaller room. Neither one of them spoke until they made it to the room. Shimo paused as her father stepped through the door, waiting for her to enter as well. Another memory flashed in her head, where her father had beaten her senseless in another form of his spartan training. Bile rose up her throat remembering that she only received it because she lashed out at him for harming Touya.

"Are you coming or not?"

Enji's words were clipped as he glared hard at his daughter. His hard facade masked the underlying concern he had when he noted her face took on a slightly paler shade. Her voice came out soft, almost frightful, however, she was quick to cover it up.

"Forgive me, but the last time I was in this room I was beaten within an inch of my life."With that said Shimo walked it, sliding the door closed behind her.

_________

The two of them sat across from one another, completely silent, waiting for the other to speak. Enji stared down at the floor thinking of just how to ask her what happened after their last encounter, why she was never found again. Hell, where was she living now?

Was that a one-time thing, was she living on the street?No, that was impossible. Her clothes were a high dollar, designer brand and they were clean. Her hair looked very well taken care off, even the white patch-

"Your hair. It's just like.."

"Touya's. I woke up one morning and it was like this."

As soon as the words came they died out and brought the two back to near-deafening silence.

"You were gone after I left. How?"

"It's none of your business."

Her words cause him to lash out, a small ball of flame going towards her only to fizzle out when it neared her skin.

"Like hell it isn't Shimo! Do you even understand the embarrassment it would bring to the Todoroki family and to me that my own daughter became a villain!?"