Pilot

Gray and teal eyes started at a wall, a faraway look in them. Unable to see the world around them. Enji Todoroki looked at his eldest daughter in dismay. She had been the only other child of his that had any potential, and now, she too was a failure.

Their family doctor looked over the frozen girl, rebandaging her left arm. It had been burned in the accident in a spiral down the length of it and ended at the back of her hand. Seeing it made him wince, he turned to look at anything but her.

He thought about how this ended up happening when the physician left. She had been catatonic since the accident, unable to say anything since Toya had died.
Enji stayed in his thoughts when a soft voice pulled him out.

"It's your fault."

He was startled to hear his daughter's voice, but once he realized her words his eyes hardened.

"Watch how you speak to-" He was cut off when a dome of thick ice covered the girl. Anger flared up within him, he placed a flaming hand on the ice only to quickly pull it back with a hiss. His palm was now blistered and burned. "Shimo, get rid of this right now! I order you!"

"Your orders mean nothing to me." There was no emotion in her voice when she spoke.

He looked cautiously at the ice. While the ice stayed completely frozen, the air around it warped from immense heat. It's temperature increased as seconds went by, causing the tatami mats beneath to burn. He quickly left the room shutting the sliding door behind him.

He didn't know how to deal with Shimo like this. Especially since she was the most obedient of his kids, doing everything he said without complaint. This was the first time she had even spoken out against him. He let out a sigh, all he could hope for now was that she went back to being obedient once she finished grieving.

Shimo listened to the sound of her father's footsteps as the faded away. Slowly the protection around her fell away. Over the last few weeks, she had been reliving the accident every second. Yet, after it sunk in that Toya was probably dead, she couldn't feel anything. The moment she lost him so did every emotion within her. Nothing mattered anymore.

Touching the burn on her arm, she noted how bad it hurt. But she didn't care.

Her eyes snapped towards the door of her room that had cracked open. She made eye contact with a single grey one. "What do you want Shoto?" Her voice sounded empty. The bandaged young boy quickly came in and crawled into her bed. He cuddled up to her side holding onto her as she used her right hand to come through his two-toned hair.

"I'm sorry about Toya..."

He mumbled out, holding onto her tightly. Shimo was the only one of his siblings he got to be with since his father didn't deem her a failure like the rest of their brothers and sister. She gave the child a neutral look, "It's all right, it's Endeavor's fault." She refused to call him her father.

He wasn't her family. Toya was her family. Now because of Endeavor, she had no family.

She would do everything to make sure he would pay.