chapter one

lowercase intended

"clay! the train is leaving soon, start getting ready please."

clay opened his eyes, the sun rays shining through the blinds that were slightly opened. he sat up, ruffling his tousled blonde hair. his first day of hogwarts was coming up. his dad was a wizard and his mom was a witch, but they were both hufflepuffs. something clay believed he was not. they wanted him to be a second generation hufflepuff, it would make his parents so happy, but clay didn't have a nice bone in his body. he was the typical school bully, besides only being eleven. he looked around his room for the last time for a year, looking at all if the pictures on his drawer and walls. a picture of him with his flag football team, and with his parents. he grabbed his suitcase and packed the picture of him with his parents, with their yellow hufflepuff scarves the day he bought his robes.

he frowned. he didn't wanna disappointed his parents, but he didn't know how to tell them he didn't think he would get hufflepuff. he frowned, but he pushed it to the back of his mind as he brought his suitcase down the stairs. "clay! you look so handsome!" his mother grinned at him, pulling him into a tight hug. "i'm tearing up," his mother giggled, "we haven't even left the house yet." clay let out a nervous laugh as a response, not sure what to say to her. "maria, clay! it's time to go." clay's father called from the foyer. clay's mother let go of him and she helped him take his stuff to his father's car.

once at platform nine and three quarters, clay's parents dragged him into a tight embrace. "we'll miss you so much, clay." his father smiled at him lovingly. "i'll miss you guys too." clay smiled back, climbing onto the train. clay walked down the corridors of the train, looking for a place to sit. all of the rooms on the train were full except for one, with a boy and a girl. clay opened the door. "can i sit here? everywhere else is full." the girl nodded, "of course." she smiled. clay sat down on the bench across from the two, smiling lightly.

"i'm nick, but you can call me sapnap, and thats alyssa." the boy said, pointing to the girl when he referred to her. clay smiled at them. "i'm clay, but i guess i prefer to be called dream." clay smiled. "hey dream!" alyssa grinned at him. she was really pretty, but he couldn't imagine himself with her like he could with most other girls. he sighed, maybe he was finally changing and could have a chance of being sorted into hufflepuff. unlikely though. the three talked the whole train ride, smiling and laughing at eachother's jokes. "we're here, i'm really excited!" alyssa grinned, walking with george and clay. all of the first years had already seemed to form their little cliques and everyone was walking in groups, except for one boy.

his dark brown hair was parted off to the side, and his lips were parted as if he wanted to say something to someone, anyone since he was alone, but his mouth shut as he kept walking. clay felt a sort of, almost pull towards the boy. he frowned, not knowing why he was feeling that way. "hey, dream?" nick asked clay, who had zoned out. "oh yeah, sapnap? sorry i just zoned out for a minute." nick nodded as they kept walking. the tall walls of the school loomed over them as they got closer to the school.

the doors opened for them as all of the first years walked in from riding in on the boats. the year twos through year sevens had already been sat, and it was just the first years in the middle of the hallway. "hello first years, this is the sorting hat as well as the stool where you will be sorted into your houses. i will call you up and you will go sit at your respective house tables after being sorted. any questions?" after the professor got her speech and the questions out of the way, the sorting process began.

"niki nihachu." a blonde haired girl went up to the stool. "hufflepuff!"

"wilbur soot, ravenclaw!"