chapter six

"george, please." clay begged.

"if you want to stay safe, you have to tell me who your parents are. or what kind of powers you have." clay explained, practically on his knees to get the boy to see reason.

"well you see..." george said, dragging out his words so he didn't have to say the dreaded words. "i'm technically a ravenclaw in terms of the sorting hat, but slytherin is in my blood." he explained. clay listened intently to what george was saying, watching his lips as he explained the situation. clay wasn't sure if george knew that l'manberg was hunting him but clay wasn't going to say anything. he didn't want george to find out because he wanted to protect him. he knew if george was frantic and nervous he would be in more danger. he was already awkward as it was.

"well my parents are—" george began, but the cabin door was thrown open. "george!" a boy exclaimed, sitting right next to george and throwing his arms around him. clay snatched his hand away from george, so many emotions happening at once. was it anger? because of this boy bursting in when he was finally about to get an answer out of george that could save him! or was it jealousy, that this boy had his arms around george but he didn't. "s-sorry clay..." george muttered, going rigid in the boys embrace. "oh, can you give us some space?" the boy who was holding george asked.

clay stormed out of the compartment, slamming the door closed. he found a compartment where alyssa sat alone, reading a book. he threw the door open, sitting down frustrated. alyssa softly shut the door and put her book down so she could comfort clay. "clay what's wrong?" alyssa asked, leaning forward in her seat. clay debated on telling her the full truth or merely part of it. he settled for part of it.

"i was finally about to get answers about something that had been bothering me from a friend, and someone barges in and has the audacity to ask me to leave! can you believe that?"

alyssa sighed and moved so she was sitting next to clay. she put his arm on his back and began rubbing circles in his back as an attempt to comfort him. clay tried to pretend that it was working for his friends sake, but he knew exactly who he wanted to be in her place—george. clay let out a deep sigh. he enjoyed alyssa's company but he couldn't help but feel extremely jealous over the boy who was with george. thoughts of who it was plagued his mind. he was so distracted that he didn't even realize that alyssa was basically leaning on him. he didn't comment on it, but when he met a pair of brown eyes through the window on the compartment door, it was a big deal. tears welled up in george's brown eyes as he ran off.

why did george get to be upset about him being with alyssa when he was with a mysterious boy? "clay, are you thirsty?" alyssa asked him. clay wasn't thirsty, but he didn't want to deny the girl who was being so kind to him. "yeah, a bit." he lied. "i have some soda in my bag." she smiled, grabbing her bag off of the opposite bench and giving him the drink. he thanked her and took a sip, he suddenly saw everything in a very different light.

"you look so beautiful, love."

alyssa smiled at clay, falling into his arms before they entwined hands and began walking to class. the students had been back at school for a week, and friends were still congratulating clay and alyssa on becoming a couple. however, there was one person who wasn't. george. clay saw him staring at him in the dining hall and thought he was weird. he saw what everyone was saying about him. he was weird.

george roamed the halls of hogwarts and something finally hit him. he knew exactly why clay was acting the way he was, and with that he needed to go visit someone. someone who could help him. although he doubted any of the teachers would aid him, knowing where he came from. he sighed, but made his way down to the dungeons anyways.

"professor dan?" george asked, knocking on the door of the potions master. "ah, george. come in." professor dan smiled at him, although his eyes were sad. "sorry to bother you." george said sheepishly, "but i need your help."

"of course, george. what is it?" the professor said. "do you happen to have an antidote for a love potion? my friend has fallen victim to one and i—" george stopped himself before continuing, "i would just like to help him." professor dan walked up to the cabinet of vials that lined the walls. he grabbed a small vial and placed it in george's small hands. george broke out into a smile. "thank you professor!" george walked down the hallway to the slytherin dormitories. george remembered the password and location from when he was part of clay's house for a mere few weeks.

"rêve introuvable." george said to the portrait. it swung open to reveal the large walls with green curtains, the room being decorated in slytherin colors and black leather furniture. george gulped, feeling extremely intimidated by the room but he kept walking. he walked to the side of the boys dormitories and up to the fifth floor where the boys dorms were. he found clays room, opening the door to see clay reading on his bed. "what are you doing here?" clay slammed his book shut, standing up from his bed.

george didn't know how to go about the situation. in terms of height and strength he was no match for clay. clay was tall, much more so than george was. he had a muscular body, different from the scrawny boy that he met in first year. he had begun to grow into a handsome young man. george gulped at the height difference between the two and backed up as clay walked towards him. george knew he had to act. he had to do something.

george grabbed the vial out of his pocket, pouring the liquid between his naturally parted lips. george hoped that at least some of it would make it in. to his surprise, clay began to protest the action and opened his mouth enough so that the liquid was able to seep down his throat. george cheered mentally as the antidote seemed to work instantly. "clay..?" george asked softly and the boys green eyes instantly darted to his face. "george." he exhaled like he hadn't felt relief in his entire life.

he took george into a tight embrace before he realized something. he stepped back abruptly, making george upset. "whats wrong, clay?" george asked. he knew something was troubling the blonde boy. "that boy who came and hugged you on the train," clay started, voice raising up to a yell "and then asked me to leave the compartment!" george was trembling, he had never seen clay angry before. it was likely due to the fact that the pair hadn't actually spoken since first year and didn't really even know each other. it felt like they'd known each other for their whole lives.

"he was j-just my friend, clay. or, he wants to be more than friends but i don't like him in that way..." george admitted to the taller boy towering over him. anger clouded in clay's eyes and mind as he thought about what to do next. "just get out." he muttered. "what?" george replied, genuinely not hearing what the other boy had murmured. "i said GET OUT!" clay got loud and for a moment george's mind flashed to his childhood. "s-sorry..." george stuttered, running out of the room, up the stairs and out the front door of the castle.

george felt like he had been stabbed in the heart. stabbed right through the chest by clay. he thought clay felt something for him, similar to the feelings he'd had for clay for the past five years. george sighed as he crumbled to the ground outside of the black lake. everyone hated george. clay was the only person who didn't know george's origins, somehow. his parents must have been kind people who didn't engage in the drama that the wizarding world held. george was heartbroken.

the boy was often known to think irrationally, it was in his nature. well, his nature as a person. not as his parents thought. his parents were well planned out people, but he knew he didn't belong to them. he was a coward, they were cowards. he was terrified to use the last name of his mother or his father so the ministry of magic helped him to construct a new identity as george davidson and not his given last name. he was lucky he didn't get sent to azkaban as a precaution for what his parents had done.

george hated himself. he wanted to die.

a/n: trying to produce quicker updates to make up for lost time :D