17-

February 1994-

The school had decided that Prom was taking place on Valentine's Day. Stan and Patty were the losers only official couple since Bill and Beverly had broken up. Ben was planning on asking her to prom whilst Bill was planning on asking Audra Phillips——a girl who looked a lot like Beverly. Richie, Eddie and Mike were planning to go as a group as Richie and Eddie couldn't attend together.

"Rich, pass me the bow tie." Eddie says. He's wearing a white shirt that's tucked into some black trousers with suspenders on. Richie stands up and passes him his bow tie before hugging him gently." Are you going to get ready? We're going to be late for the losers dinner."

"I will. I just want to take in the handsome man infront of me." Richie whispers in Eddie's ear. Eddie looks up at him with a smirk." C'mon. I won't be able to for the rest of the night."

"True." Eddie sighs, grinning as Richie nuzzles his chin into his neck." Now get dressed before we're late, dipshit."

Richie chuckles and goes to his closet to grab his tux whilst Eddie goes downstairs. He smiles at Maggie and Wentworth, who are preparing for their small Valentines getaway.

"You look great, Eddie." Maggie compliments and Eddie grins, trying to flatten his wavy brunette hair." Quit fussing with your hair you look amazing."

"Thank you, Maggie." Eddie replies with a grin." It was just an outfit I had. I'm not too fussed about going to this dance to be honest."

"Prom night was the best night of my teen years, you'll love it. May never know, you may even get lucky. I know I did." Wentworth says with a wink and Eddie laughs awkwardly. Maggie rolls her eyes.

"Dad I didn't need to know that you and mom had sex on prom night." Richie sighs as he walks down the stairs. Eddie's eyes go wide. Richie's wearing a burgundy suit and it compliments his black hair. He grins over at Eddie, who's blushing furiously. Maggie and Wentworth give knowing looks.

"Well, you might get lucky tonight aswell, Rich." Wentworth says and he notices his son glance at Eddie when he says that." Right, remember, we are back tomorrow at 2pm. Don't forget to take your inhaler, Eddie, and your stuffed elephant, Richie, incase you have an episode-

"I hate how my calming thing is a fucking stuffed elephant. Why did my brain decide on that?" Richie chuckles.

"It's cute." Eddie says, forgetting they weren't alone. He blushes and Richie smirks." We're gonna be late."

"Have fun, boys." Maggie says. She takes a photo of them and then kisses them both on the forehead as they make their way out of the house.

Eddie drives them to the restaurant they're meeting the losers at. Once they graduate, Maggie and Wentworth have planned to move to California and Andrea and Donald are going aswell, with Stanley. Patty's parents are thinking of going too and Beverly's aunt may join.

"I was so late picking Audra up because Georgie just would not quit bothering me." Bill explains.

"Can't relate I don't have siblings." Richie states as he steals some of Eddie's fries." How is he feeling about you moving to go to college?"

"He's sad but he doesn't mind. He likes the idea of moving away from this shithole." Bill explains." He's starting middle school soon, so he wants to start it in a different place."

"I fucking hated middle school." Eddie states." The summer time was fun though. Like when we used to hang out at the quarry and stuff."

"Yeah why did we stop hanging out there?" Ben asks as he sips on his water, an arm around Beverly. Richie was starting to get jealous. He wanted to do that with his boyfriend but he wasn't allowed to.