00

- P R O L O G U E -

With a high-pitched clink of their wine glasses, everybody toasted to Taehyung's engagement.

Jungkook lowered his glass and smiled at his friend who just got betrothed to his partner, "Congratulations, hyung," he greeted before quaffing his glass of wine.

"Thank you, everyone!" Taehyung piped with a beam on his face.

It has been a while since the seven of them hung out together. Everybody got too busy with their personal life, especially since they had their own family now. Except Taehyung who just recently got engaged and Jungkook who just got out of a relationship.

"We all know who's next," Taehyung teased as he nudged Jungkook by the elbow, causing the younger one to release an awkward laugh.

Jimin smacked his arm upon noticing the insensitivity and slight pressure he just put on the youngest one, "Tae, stop it. You know he just got out of a relationship. The last thing on his mind is to get married," he said.

Jungkook bit his lower lip in slight embarrassment.

"I was joking, okay?" Taehyung defended himself before he turned around and lifted his hand to mess with Jungkook's hair, "He knows not to rush. Good things come to those who wait, right?"

With a nod of agreement, Jungkook sighed, "Right."

Jungkook wasn't rushing into anything, because if he was, he would've already been married before Taehyung. However, his previous relationship turned out to be an unsuccessful one, not because he was terrible at handling it nor he was a bad boyfriend, but because his ex-girlfriend wanted to focus on her career as a cabin crew.

Of course he let her pursue her goals, because who was he to stop someone from reaching their dreams. Although at first, he persuaded her not to break up. It didn't matter to him whether they go out on frequent dates or not as long as she prioritizes her career, after all Jungkook was willing to wait. But she still refused, because she didn't want him to wait on her. She believed their relationship wouldn't work for the sole reason that she couldn't give what Jungkook deserved.

It was already 1 AM, everybody was slumped on the floor in Taehyung's hotel room, drunk. Except Jungkook who only consumed a glass. A smile curled his lips as he watched his friends on the ground. How he missed the old times.

Looking down at his wristwatch, he decided to drive back home as he had to work later, and he left a note on Taehyung's bedside table.

Went home already.
Congrats again, hyung.
Stay happy.

- JK

Jungkook sped off on his car to his apartment which wasn't so far from the hotel.

Throwing his keys on his bedside table, he pulled his shirt over his head and tossed it on the floor.

He slumped against his bed, the soft and warm mattress relaxing his body. His mind was empty, not a single thought on his head, he felt nothing but a heavy heart.

Jungkook was used to living alone, but...

Why do I feel so lonely?

-

Morning comes and the sunlight streams through the small crack of his window. The atmosphere suddenly gives off a different feeling.

Squirming in his bed, his eyes slowly open and meet an unfamiliar ceiling. The room feels oddly cold, his arm is numb and it feels like something heavy is sitting on his chest.

Jungkook looks down, only to spot a naked girl nuzzling her sweet face on his chest, and his arm being squeezed by her body.

"Holy shit," a curse leaves his mouth as he starts to freak out. He pushes the unknown girl's head off him and jolts up on the bed, causing her to wake up.

"Babe, what's the matter?" with half-lidded eyes, you ask in a sleepy tone.

BABE? He is now screaming emphatically in his head.

Is he dreaming?

Jungkook doesn't remember getting drunk nor bringing a girl over yesterday. His eyes then start to wander around the unfamiliar room. Whose room is this? He can't process what is currently happening and now, he thinks he's out of his mind.

He is naked with an unknown girl in the bed, inside an unfamiliar room.

"Who are you?" he asks and securely covers his body with a blanket.

Your brows furrow, weirded out by your husband, "What? I'm your wife, dumbass,"

"I'm married?!"

What kind of sorcery is this?