Cheeky

Two weeks passed since Christian was introduced to his new job and everything was going pretty much well, it was not different from what he usually did in the restaurant he worked for, but definitely the Overview bar didn't have a boss who constantly berated him, on the contrary it was completely the opposite, Lewis Brown was an extremely nice and polite person, sure he wanted him to make a good job, but Mr.Brown at least respected him.
Christian was currently waiting for his shift to start, he was on the first terrace level of the building, in the left tower of the Royal Hotel. It was not long before his turn, for he had to start at ten thirty and it was ten in that moment. He was obviously and predictably about to smoke a cigarette, and even though outside was terribly cold he preferred anyway inhaling nicotine outdoor, although it was allowed to do so inside. Christian was beginning to shiver a bit and he was tightening his coat around his body to prevent himself to feel the gelid air against his skin.
He was absentmindedly lighting up his cigarette, when his thoughts settled on a certain someone, a certain millionaire playboy, more precisely on Mr.Wayne. It was weeks that he hadn't seen him and Christian surely didn't know how to contact him and even if he knew, he probably wouldn't have done it, he wouldn't have bothered him, certainly he had a lot to do, a lot of work and...lots of ladies to take care of. Because, the man reminded himself, Bruce was attracted to women and there was absolutely no way for him to get close to Wayne other than just be friends. Yeah, it was sad enough. One could have thought that Christian was just interested in the amount of money the owner of the Wayne enterprise had, but it was not like that, he was not someone greedy, not at all actually, it was not something that the man was attracted to and the reason he liked Bruce was because he just liked him, the way he was, his manners, his all being, he too couldn't explain it to himself, he just...did. And there were times in which he wished he wasn't that interested in him, because he knew that if he fell for him it would have ended in a painful situation and Christian would have been disappointed and sad and...alone. Again.

He exhaled a cloud of smoke, his gaze lost into nothingness and a strange annoying sensation in his chest. Shaking his head, he scratched the back of his neck, the cigarette held in between the index and the middle finger of his right hand. He asked himself if he was falling for Bruce, and he probably didn't want to know the answer, it would have been too difficult and too hurtful and troublesome and anything wrong and...

" No! Please! " Someone shouted underneath the balcony Christian was in. The man stopped smoking right away, listening carefully and trying to find the source of the sound with his eyes.

" Someone help! " It was a woman screaming. He rapidly approached the balustrade, watching down, trying to find her. His eyes scanned in the dark,attempting to see something or someone, but it was hard, that night there was no moon and the street lamps were not illuminating much.

" Let go! " She kept talking and Christian was desperately struggling to see where she was.

He stuck the cigarette between his lips, and with his both hands on the marble surface, he leaned even further on the balustrade. Now he was finally able to see what was about all the commotion under him. It was happening in an alleyway, on the left side of the building. There was a robber trying to snatch away the purse of the poor girl who was still crying for help. He wanted to help her, and the first thing that came into his mind was shouting, shouting and menacing the thief, scare him as much as he could and then run downstairs and probably beat his ass.

" You asshole! " He screamed. " Leave her be! " He grunted. But his attempts failed miserably, for the robber acted as if he didn't hear him. At that point Christian felt like he saw something black on the roof of the nearest construction from the corner of his eye, but he didn't pay much attention to it, for he sprinted towards the doors of the terrace, entering the building and rushing down the stairs, almost falling and seriously hurt himself.