03: Too much tears

"I like you...as a brother,"

BLINK.

Phukong woke up from his usual nightmare.

He sighed as he kept looking at the ceiling.

Can't he just have happiness for once?

*

KNOCK KNOCK.

Phukong knocked at Sarawat's dorm, with his pillow in his hand.

He heard some shuffling and groaning inside before the door finally opened.

CLICK.

"Phukong?" Sarawat said, rubbing his eyes, "What are you doing here at one in the morning?"

"Phi," Phukong said, "Can I sleep with you?"

That's when Sarawat noticed the pillow trapped in his brother's hands.

Sarawat yawned as he spoke, "Phukong, I'm very sleepy right now. I don't have time for your pranks."

Phukong clenched hard on his pillow. "Phi," He said, softly, "You told me to only come here if I need a shoulder to cry."

Sarawat's sleep vanished in thin air, as soon as, he saw tears threatening to fall down from his brother's eyes.

He only moved away from the door and let his brother inside.

Walking slowly, Phukong sat down on the couch. He had his knees curled up and arms around it.

A few minutes later, Sarawat came back with two cups of hot chocolate and blankets.

Putting the cups on the table, he wrapped one of the blankets on his brother and gave him a cup from the table.

Sarawat then settled beside him and did the same thing.

"So," He spoke, taking a sip of the hot chocolate, "What happened?"

Phukong stared blankly at his cup. "Nothing, P'Wat," He said in a soft voice.

Sarawat sighed. "I'm your brother, right? Why are you hiding things from me?" He asked.

Phukong shook his head. "You might not like it," He said, drinking his hot chocolate.

"Fine," Sarawat said, "Tell me when you feel free to."

He put his cup away and turned on the television.

"P'Wat," Phukong said, putting his cup away, "You said you were sleepy. Don't waste your time on me. Go to sleep."

Sarawat smacked his brother's head. "Shut it," He said, "I'm not going to sleep until you do."

Phukong kept staring at the latter. His brother would be the most complex person in his mind.

Sarawat noticed the quietness of the room.

He turned towards his brother and asked, "Why are you looking at me like that?"

That's when Phukong couldn't take it anymore. He hugged his brother tightly and cried on his chest.

"Phu—" Sarawat was too stupid to know what to do in this situation. He simply hugged back his brother.

"Why?!" Phukong cried, "Why, Phi?! What did I do to deserve this?!"

"I like you as a brother,"