- Chapter 5 ~ Stop Running! -

Hi guys :] sorry I haven't been posting :P

*Important: I would kind of like to change the setting here a little. It doesn't affect any previous chapters btw. It is around 75 to 80 years from the current Percy Jackson World - however - I would like it just to be a normal setting that doesn't have to concern with Romans or technology.

Good Luck
-Olo Eopia03

-----------------------------------------

Chapter 5: Stop Running!

-----------------------------------------

"They've caught up to her, Master. What of it now?"

"Just wait, my pet. It seems that there might be an interference coming very soon."

It was that voice again. It brought chills down my spine. His voice sounded amused, as though finally distracted from long hours full of unrelenting boredom. The air around me, though pitch black, felt powerful, yet suffocating and full of tension.

As though alerted by something, the iron-scraping voice asked, "Is it almost finished?"

"Oh yes, Master. They are very near to completing it. Soon, you will be ready."

After a few moments the atmosphere seemed to relax, though only slightly. "Good. Sit back and watch, my pet. You might learn something."

In answer, the smaller voice replied, "Ah, Y-yes Master."

The voice emitted a soft laugh. "This is going to get . . . quite interesting . . ."

Eyes still closed, Kalley could feel the throbbing pain in her shoulder. She could tell she was the only one in the room and could hear herself breathing; calmly, deeply. Already coming back into consciousness, and she was greeted by this annoying ache. She could feel her head rested against . . .

A pillow?

She bolted right out of her bed, and immediately wished she hadn't. Kalley couldn't stop the cry from escaping her lips. Pain erupted in her right shoulder and instantly she flopped down onto the bed again.

Kalley looked at the new room that she rested in. It looked like quite a comfortable room, with a soft bed that she laid on, a chair next to the wooden nightstand, and even a small television near the front. The walls were painted a light peach color, giving it a most natural and friendly appearance. There weren't any windows, but there was a bathroom over to the right. Next to the foot of the bed was a small table, with bandages and other first aid tools scattered all over it.

Gently testing her right shoulder, Kalley slowly sat up, thinking.

Where am I? She thought.

Scanning the area, Kalley noticed the door near the left corner stood slightly ajar, revealing another room next door. Vaguely, Kalley tried to recall anything that had happened to her in the last few moments. I . . . I was unconscious . . .

Kalley felt horrible. She wished she hadn't woken up. Her head ached almost as much as her shoulder, and she didn't know where she was. Even worse, memories of the encounter with the terrifying monster were starting to come back to her.

Who took her in? A twinge of panic filled Kalley's mind. If they knew what she did to Pierce . . . What of the police? They'll take her in if they knew. She can't stand to think of the consequences.

Only one thought ran through Kalley's mind.

I need to get out of here.

Slowly, Kalley got out from the bed, wincing as she rested her weight on her right leg.