- Chapter 6 ~ And We Keep Running . . . -

Hiiiii :] we're back! and here's chapter 6 people! Finally, I had time to write. Sorry, my chapters are getting longer.

Read, Comment, Like - or whatever it is you do on here - and good luck!
-Olo Eopia03

[xxx]

- Chapter 6 ~ And We Keep Running... -

[xxx]

Kalley Gladhart.

Allen looked at her face again.

So this is the new heir of Kronos.

"Finally," Allen murmured. He took a deep breath. Was this it? Was he just going to tell her right now? Well, someone just had to start it. He felt his heart beating in his chest as the pair of golden eyes stared intently back at him. "Kalley. You're not like other morta- er, people. Elli and I aren't either."

He looked at Kalley's face, not able to gather any information from the inscrutable expression she held.

Allen couldn't help but feel nervous. He'd rather show her than tell, but saying a few couplets and quatrains really do waste an amount of energy, plus he'd forgotten his bow and arrows back in the hotel room - the only items that he could really show her to tell her the truth.

Sometimes, it was went pretty smoothly when he told someone that they were a demigod, but there were times when Allen had to endure instances of fainting, tantrums, fighting, and an attack with a ping pong paddle covered in ice cream . . .

Okay, thought Allen, just say it now.

"Uh, have you ever heard about Greek gods before? Sometimes they have children, half mortal, half god." He took another deep breath as a beat passed by. Two. "Well, we're demigods, and you're just a little like us."

He was afraid to look at her straight in the face.

Ugh.

It was the best way he could put it in, no matter how many times he'd had experience with telling other demigods of their true identity as he toured them around the place. But she was different.

At least he'd said she was a little like them . . .

[xxx]

Kalley couldn't help it.

She couldn't stop the baffled and confused expression that escaped from her face. She was too caught off guard at what Allen had just said to her.

Demigods?

Half mortal, half god? But what did that mean - Greek gods - that they really existed - that they were here on this earth -

Kalley shook her head in confusion.

However, after a few moments of deep thinking and slowly breathing, it took only a few moments to put it together. Dory had taught her the basics of Math, English, Science, and History, and Ancient Greece became one of Kalley's favorite topics. Soon she knew things about Cyclops', Spartans, Athenians, Zeus, and a little about Greek heroes like Perseus, Odysseus, and Hercules. Was being part mortal the reason why she was so . . . drawn to them?

But those were only basics. They were only myths . . .

"Okay." Kalley gulped.

Lovely response, but what else could she say?

Then Elli, still a little wet, pushed between both Allen and Kalley, standing a few feet away from her. Elli turned back and looked at Allen, and his expression soon changed, full of caution.