Yuuji x Suiciding Reader

I don't take suicides and depression lightly. This work is purely intended for entertainment and written with no intention to disrespect any person or their traumas. Read at own risk.

It was on the coldest night of the year, black sky, city lights flashing below me as bright as the stars above..deep in the distance one could hear the new year's countdown and police sirens; when I decided.....to end my life.

...
"But someone got in my way. Tch."

For someone who has lost the will to live...
"Who do you think you are to stop me?" I punched him.

"Whatever you have to say I couldn't let you do that." he frowned stubbornly.

"Self-righteous, bright people like you annoy me the most. Leave me be." I wriggled my arm out of his grip and walked back to the edge.

He gripped my arm again. He was silent as a river but his hold was firm.
"Let go. I said let go." my calm voice slowly began to ring with anger and irritation, louder, each time I requested.

"You want to lecture me about how what I'm doing is wrong? That I'm weak? I should step up and become stronger?"
But he only stared at me. Those quiet observant eyes stirred my insides.
"Fuck you." I swore in his face with no idea so far how to get this obstacle away to complete the task I came to the rooftop for.

"Ah!" I scorned softly in despair. I knew this guy won't let me do it ..today atleast; I gave up and sat down. He sat down beside me.
Even though he didn't seem the patient type he didn't say anything. For a long while we only stared off in space, crouched, our backs aginst the same wall I tread to jump off a few seconds ago.

"Someone died for me." words darted off my mouth.

"...Family?" he was still staring off in space. "You can call her that."

Again he didn't say anything. For some reason I added a bit of my complaint. Maybe he could be witness to my last words.
"Its not fair. Why did she have to die in my place."

"If she died protecting you shouldn't you value your life more?"

"That's what you think. Very noble way of convincing myself out of guilt. But all she did was leave me behind, with this burden."

"I was the one who was supposed to protect her. My weak older sister she was never strong enough to stand on her feet.. literally; sick since she was born."

"And yet such a feeble life who I was supposed to protect was gone before I knew it. I should've never left her side."

There was a long pause. My eyes were waiting to overflow with tears.
"She was strong you idiot." he mumbled as his left hand ruffled my hair looking away.
I buried my head in between my arms looking down, my face felt wet.
"This sucks, damn it all I'm left is with this stupid curse."
For some reason I think I sobbed for a while; that part, I don't remember clearly.

----Time skip brought to you by Sukuna's four arms.----

Its been six months I still get flashes of that time. Why did I give up on my task from that day again. Over time I have forgotten why or how.

The same boy is now sitting across me with his fellow classmates as he calls them ... why.. is he here now? I frowned slightly.

"I thought I told you we should never meet again." I asked him irritatedly banging my fist on the table.

"Well they said you have something like a curse... and." his voice suddenly turned low like a burner who's switch was turned down to mow the flame; acting corny like a teenager on his first date.
"Why are you getting all shy explaining that?" I almost burst.