Fourteen

Apparently, a weapon wasn't going to be enough to keep Izuku alive. 

As soon as he entered the arena, Shigiraki charged, running straight at Izuku, his fingers spread out and extended in front of him. Izuku moved to block the prince's arm with the dull edge of his sword, but as soon as the blade made contact with Shigiraki's skin, it began to disintegrate. Izuku jerked back, his eyes going wide. What had just happened?

Izuku backed away, glancing down at the blade in his hand. The disintegration had stopped, but the tip of the blade was completely gone. The green haired boy glanced up, trying to locate Shigiraki. The blue haired man had slowed his momentum, spinning around to face Izuku again. 

The crowd was roaring up a storm, jeering and throwing rocks and other small objects onto the arena floor. Izuku tried to ignore it, but occasionally, a rock would hit him, causing a sting of pain to temporarily distract him. 

Shigiraki ran towards Izuku again, his hands outstretched. Instead of trying to block his attacks, the green haired boy jumped out of the way, barely avoiding a graze from the prince's fingers. Izuku gritted his teeth, clenching the handle of his sword tightly. 

As Shigiraki turned to make another approach, Izuku narrowed his eyes. His sword was held tightly at his side, and as Shigiraki ran at him, the green haired boy leaped to the side again. As quickly as he could, Izuku pulled his sword arm forwards, smashing the handle into Shigiraki's gut. 

The blue haired prince coughed, stumbling back. As Shigiraki fell to the ground, Izuku advanced, swinging his blade down towards the prince's head. But as the sword came withing inches of Shigiraki's head, Izuku hesitated. He didn't want to kill the prince. 

As he hesitated however, a hand reached up and grabbed the hilt of Izuku's sword, just below the green haired boy's hands. Izuku tried to pull his blade away, but it was already disintegrating, turning to ash in front of the boy's eyes. 

Shigiraki growled, pulling himself to his feet. Izuku tried to step away, but the other prince grabbed his wrist, holding him in place. The green haired boy's skin began to dissolve, floating in the air around him. Izuku let out a cry, managing to pull his arm free. 

Izuku's head started to spin, his arm feeling like it was on fire. He looked up through hazy eyes, watching as if from a distance as Shigiraki walked towards him. The blue haired prince wore a sad expression, but there was determination behind his eyes. 

"I'm sorry about this."

As Shigiraki's hands lowered towards Izuku's neck, several things happened at once. All throughout the crowd, people ran forwards, jumping over the edge of the wall and landing on the sand floor of the arena and running towards the pair of princes. 

A loud roar shook the arena walls, causing a shudder to run through Izuku's bones. A large shadow fell over the green haired prince, and as Izuku glanced up, he saw fire shooting through the sky. 

A dragon?

Shigiraki had disappeared, and the people now in the arena were surrounding Izuku, forming a circle around him. But who were they? Izuku blinked, trying to clear his blurry vision. One of the people in the circle had short, brown hair, and her voice rose above the others, calling out Izuku's name.

"Izu! Come on, you've got to go!"

Ochako? 

A shape pulled away from the group, running towards Izuku and pulling him to his feet. The boy's hair was falling into his eyes, blowing in red and white strands. Shoto too?

"Come on, Izuku! Get to Bakugo, we'll cause a distraction!"

Shakily, Izuku nodded, turning and running towards the landing shape of the dragon. A person was riding on the large creature's back, yelling and cursing. As the person noticed Izuku, he hopped off the dragon, running over.

"Deku, you little shit! Let's go!"

As Izuku tried to protest, Bakugo grabbed his wrist, pulling him towards the dragon. They climbed on, and the creature launched itself into the sky. 

"But what about the others?" Izuku tried to yell over the sound of the wind. They were rising into the air fast, leaving the shapes of Izuku's friends on the arena sands bellow. Bakugo smirked back at the green haired boy, his eyes twinkling.

"Don't worry about them. They can take care of themselves." 

From below, a large explosion sounded, and Izuku glanced down to see smoke filling the arena. Really? Where had the group gotten explosions? 

"We're meeting them outside the fortress. Just hang on."

Izuku complied, wrapping his arms around Bakugo's waist to keep himself from falling off the back of the dragon. A strange warmth filled Izuku's chest, and he found himself smiling, despite the pain in his arm. 

Izuku couldn't have asked for better friends.

........................................................................................................

(A/N) I'm sorry for disappearing on ya. I haven't been in the best head space lately, so I decided to take a break for a few days. I also won't be home for basically the rest of the week, so there might not be another chapter for a few days.