(Regina) - Day of the Queen

Regina groaned as she dug through her purse for the keys to her office as she made her way up the stairs of Town Hall. It was ten at night and she had forgotten her phone in her office.

As she finally managed to unlock the door to her office and walk inside, she didn't have the opportunity to open the lights as they turned on by themselves and she was met with a-

"SURPRISE!"

Regina gasped as her loved ones jumped up from multiple hiding places throughout her office that in the light was displayed to have decorations, refreshments that included a cake, and a banner that read 'Happy Birthday, Regina' hung up over her desk. She looked on in utter shock in confusion until she remembered—today was her birthday!

Regina looked at her smiling friends and family members with tears in her eyes as they all came up to hug her.

"Happy birthday, Regina," her soulmate was the first to wrap his arms around her.

"It is now that I have you," she said, kissing him as they pulled away. "And something tells me that I didn't forget my phone here, did I?"

The thief winked at his wife.

"I left this place fifteen minutes ago. When on earth did you people set all this up?" Regina asked in amazement.

"A little cloaking spell never hurt anyone," Rumple piped up, stepping out of the shadows and smiling at the queen, making her fondly shake her head.

"I didn't even remember it was my birthday. How did you guys know?"

"When I'm around, is that really a question you ask, Regina?" Snow said as she hugged her friend and former stepmother.

"Thank you, Snow," Regina said as she gripped her arm after she pulled away and went to hug David.

"How old would you be?" Emma asked skeptically as it was her turn to embrace her friend.

"That is a question that thanks to her majesty, you don't ask us anymore," Leroy said, cracking open a beer bottle and giving a playful mock bow, making Regina roll her eyes with a chuckle.

After the twenty-eight frozen years, people's ages were rather difficult to keep track of. Since Regina's chronological age is sixty-seven, thanks to her curse, her physical age is now thirty-nine.

"Imagine how it must feel like to be me," Killian quipped before side-hugging Regina. "I believe congratulations are in order, your majesty."

"Thank you, Killian," Regina patted the pirate's shoulder before grinning from ear-to-ear as she turned to her children.

"Happy birthday, Mommy," Evie practically squeezed Regina.

"My best one yet, now that it's my first time celebrating with you," the raven-haired woman responded before going on to hug her oldest son.

Henry embraces his mother tightly before gripping her shoulder. "I love you, Mom."

"I love you two, Henry." Regina puts her hand on the side of Henry's face.

"You better be saving the best for last, sis," Zelena teases with a raised eyebrow as she kisses Regina and side-hugs her as she holds baby Robin with her other arm, who Regina kissed.

"Of course I am," Regina says before turning. "I having hugged Roland yet," she teases her sister back half a second before her stepson crashes into her at full-speed, wrapping his arms around her waist with a grip only rivaled by Evie's. Regina laughs.

"Happy birthday, Mommy," Roland says.

Regina bends down to the seven-year-old's level and ruffles his hair. "Thank you, Roland."

"Well, make a wish, your majesty," Killian says, lighting the cake.

"And tell me, what could I possibly have to wish for?" the Queen says as she holds her husband's hand and takes one last look at the people who took her black hole of emptiness, hatred, and misery of a life and turned it into something beautiful, vibrant, and hopeful again. What greater gift could she receive on her birthday other than what she had now?

All she wanted was to be happy. But now, she is euphoric.

(A/N): Hey, readers. I know this wasn't a requested chapter, but I had to do a one-shot dedicated to our favorite queen on her birthday. I love this character more than words can describe. Hope you liked. 😁🥳🥰