six

"what are you planning?" he asked you out of curiosity when you suddenly laid out the mattress at the living room and brought all the pillows and covers there.

"pillow fights!" you exclaimed happily and started to hit him with the pillow that you were holding.

san, who didn't know any of your plan, quickly react to your hitting and tried to shield himself with his arms.

"wait! you should've told me earlier!"

"this is what you get for not telling me that we're gonna watch horror movie earlier!" you said and continued to hit him playfully as you laughed seeing him all vulnerable.

then, he grabbed one of the pillow and started to hit you, and you screamed as he laughed.

both of you now were standing while hitting each other, laughing loudly not caring how late the time was and how loud and noisy you guys were.

but then, suddenly, you tripped on one of the pillows, making you fell. san quickly caught you but he lost balance and in result, both of you fell to the ground, with him on top of you...

... and the fall made him accidentally kissed your lips.

you froze at the sudden kiss and you don't know what to do. however, san didn't pulled back from the kiss even though it was an accident, and it seemed like he enjoyed it.

he tilted his head to get a better access of your lips and that made you froze even more.

slowly, he broke the kiss and stared into your eyes, as you did the same.

"w-what was that?" you asked him, still processing on what just happened.

he chuckled before kissing your temple, telling you to sleep.

"let's get to sleep now, shall we?" he flashed you a soft smile before laying beside you and make himself comfortable.

meanwhile, you were a blushing mess and you blinked continuously, still trying to process the kiss just now.

"sleep, cupcake, tomorrow's gonna be a long day" he said before kissing your forehead.

he wrapped his arms around your waist as he pulled you close to his chest.

"san?" you called out for him softly.

he hummed in response as he waited for you to continue.

"we're still going out tomorrow?" you asked him, now facing him.

he opened his eyes, looking at you before nodding.

"yes. but if you don't want, just tell me"

"let's just stay in for tomorrow" you told him.

"sure" he said before closing his eyes and fell asleep.

you, however, can't bring yourself to sleep. the kiss earlier made it harder for you to sleep as you can't stop thinking about it.

you wrapped your arms around his waist, bringing yourself closer to him and tried to sleep.

it's already 2 in the morning.

yet, you still can't bring yourself to sleep.

you turned around for the hundredth time, trying to find the right position for sleep, but still, you can't.

you turned to look at san who was sleeping peacefully beside you, with his mouth slightly opened.

you sat up straight, sighing as you went upstairs, where the balcony is located.

actually, you were amazed at how san managed to buy a whole bungalow along with a car and a bike without any debt. but, knowing that he work as a manager at his workplace made it much more sense.

"his boss must be paying him well" you said to yourself while admiring the view from the balcony.

"what are you doing out here?" you heard san's voice as you turned to look at him. he rubbed his eyes before walking to you.

"I can't sleep" you stated.

"I'm sorry, did I wake you up?" you asked him, feeling guilty for accidentally waking him up.

"no, not really. I kind of wanted to go to the bathroom but when I found out you're not beside me, I search for you"

"let's go back in. it's cold out here" he put his hand on your shoulder as he brought you inside, sliding off the door to close it.

"just wait at the living room, okay? I'll be back" he said before making his way to the bathroom while you went to the living room as you waited for him.

"are you uncomfortable here?" he asked you as he fix the mattress.

you nodded slowly, embarassed since you're the one who suggested to sleep at the living room but now you're the one who's uncomfortable.

"let's go to my room" he got up and went to his room.

"how about these?" you said, pointing at the pillows and covers.

"leave them there. we'll do it tomorrow" he shouted from his room.

you scratched the back of your head as you sighed and made your way to his room.

actually, your room is still full of things and it will take a while to tidy them up so, san offer you to sleep at his room instead of sleeping at the living room.

"come here" he gestured you to lay beside him.

you pulled the cover and make yourself comfortable on the bed.

"goodnight san" you said and closed your eyes, trying to sleep.

once again, you can't sleep. you opened your eyes, sighing and stared at the ceiling for who knows how long.

"still can't sleep?" you heard san said as you nodded before sighing.

"I thought I'm tired enough to sleep but seems like the sleep doesn't want me" you said, chuckling lowly.

then, suddenly, san was singing a song softly and loud enough for you to hear.

"what are you doing?" you asked him, confused.

"shhh, just sleep" he said before continuing his singing.

( a/n: it's up to you to decide what he was singing )

and finally, you drifted off to sleep after hearing his soothing voice.

san watched as you fell asleep in his arms, smiling softly at the sight.

"I wonder what's on your mind that you find it hard to sleep?" he said to himself, shaking his head.