Chapter 2: Escape

Alex walked outside his cell, to a world incredibly larger from where he came from. The radio "Codename: Metal Man, Cell#17" kept blurting out from the comms from the door, before finally stopping by itself. Alex's attention immediately shifted as he saw the group coming together.

"Alright... Metal Man, you remember where you came from?" his rescuer asked him, who looked like he went through a heavy beating. Alex looked through everyone, all seemed tired and out of place with the siren kept shouting out commands too distant enemies. Alex just shook his head, having absolutely no idea what he was talking about.

"Do you even know your powers?" Jack hissed again. 

"Forget it, Jack," the one just a few feet away from the bald man said as he zapped a crawling body stained with blood. The constant static shock from his arms and mini-lightning were visible and invisible in each second.  "Don't tell me to forget it, the reason why we're here is to save our brethren, he is not part of us" Jack yelled to him in response.

What the hell are those people, Alex thought in fear.  The Electric Man, fazed by the answer, tried to change the topic. "Any other survivors?" The electrical man asked, his head scanning the area for any more of them.

"Negative, just him." a young woman appears out of nowhere, which Alex instinctively shook in fright. The thought of him being the lone survivor could not help but give him fright. 

"Great, just great, what do we do Ron," Jack asked nervously and furiously, which only made Alex even more worried, seeing his saviour completely shaken. Alex could yell out what is happening, or flat out tell them how flawed this whole plan is. Or better yet, what those men in uniforms they just fought against. For now, shutting up was the only good option.

"I... didn't expect to be like this. This wasn't part of the plan." Ron replied in quite a frank manner. Just as Jack is about to slap Ron to his senses, a voice blurts out:

"ALERT: all troopers are sanctioned to Section C. Metal Man, Dauntless, Miss Able and Electric Man are on the loose"

"Stick to the plan?" the woman asked the group, with Alex being completely oblivious to what's happening, despite the alarm referencing them. "Alright, that van is still out there," Ron said as he short-circuited the door they just came in, just as sounds of guns slamming to the door were heard. Just as Ron used his power, Jack had the other door opened with his bare hands, ultimately slamming it open. Alex can't help but admire their prowess.

"Wish I could do that" Alex murmured as the group went from one section to a flight of stairs. If Ron is right, they wouldn't find the escapees here. "Alright, we just head down a level and we meet up with the others."

"And what happens if they aren't there?"

Ron looked to the woman, already tired at this prolonged escape attempt that the odds are lessened by the minute. In a way, she had every right to be impatient, but he could not help but be increasingly tired of her questions. "Look, Amy, we just go downstairs, and hopefully those guys haven't caught us yet..."

As the gate opened wide to the ground level, red dots appeared in each of the four. Alex in particular was dead silent as a dot centred above his forehead. What seems to be half a dozen men readying their guns at them, as the man in black strongarmed a boy with a revolver.

"Wow, all those funding in the cloning department has certainly brought huge results."

"Tommy!" Ron gasped as the boy was held against his rule. Alex turned to look at Ron, the leader struck by the foiling of this attempt. Jack felt huge contempt and fury just looking at those guards. "We can take them, Ron," Jack whispered angrily to Ron, loud enough for Alex to hear. 'Fight back?' Alex heard as he was not in approval of this. Even if somehow he has some sort of powers, those soldiers could sure as hell shoot them down instantly. 

Ron gasps repeatedly as he raised his hands, seeing Jack's widened eyes in disbelief. "Just... don't kill him, too many died today," Ron said as the man in black smirked over this victory. "Typical," he said in a very casual manner as four more guards emerged from the back, each of them putting one in custody.

"You poweroids need to understand your purpose, because well... it sure hell ain't this." the man chuckled while gesturing the whole room filled with bodies. Jack bit his lip as he saw his comrades fall. While also seeing the dozens of soldiers laid dead on the ground. 

"Damn it Ron, " Jack cursed under his breath, all raising their hands with guns behind their heads. As far as there were concerned, there was no escape for this. "You should have known the consequences, my friend, otherwise this weak wuss of yours wouldn't fail so pathetically with his so-called telekinesis" the man chuckled as he proceeded to raise his gun.

"I'm sorry..."

A loud gunshot was heard as Tommy fell to the ground like a ragdoll. "Tommy!" Ron exclaimed loudly as the soldier behind Jack had his body crushed like paper.

"Screw this, let them have it."

As Jack shouted Amy appeared just behind the soldiers, bopping their heads to each other. With everyone all attacking each other, Alex simply cowered, sucks to be the guy with no powers. With the carnage happening from behind, Alex could see the van, standing there as a guard flying one foot above his head. He saw Jack, being shot from all sides, yet somewhat still standing.

"Forget it, grenade out!" 

A large explosion blinded Alex for a while, as a woman landed like a ragdoll in his vicinity. It was Amy, the blast did terrible damage to her, with herself mostly covered in soot. Jack's eyes blared in horror as he saw her. 

"Amy!" Jack yelled as huge electrical waves zapped in like bullets. As if controlled, Jack knelt to the ground as the soldiers continued to shoot at him like target practice. Alex couldn't do anything but suck it down with his lack of powers. 

"Leave him alone!" Ron cried out as lightning came out of his hands, striking those soldiers down. "Go!" Ron cried out as Jack grabbed Alex to the van. Jack could not help but fumble with the wheel, as Alex looked towards the back.

"What about Ron..."

A gunshot was heard as Ron fell lifelessly to the floor. Just like that, another target down. As Alex looked in horror, Jack got the engine running. "Alright, get ready" Jack panted as the engine went full throttle ahead.... as they went backwards.

"Wait, damn it that was reversing." Jack mistakenly said as the both of them plunged forward with the van going full speed ahead.

The mayhem couldn't stop, even when they barged out of the gate. Alex simply covered his ears, hoping it was just a bad dream. All Alex wanted right now, was some promise of peace.