Chapter 42

(Amanda's POV)

   Five years. It's absolutely insane to think about that. George and I have been through a lot over the last five years. My son is almost four which is crazy to think about. George and I have had our ups and downs but we have managed to go through it all together. There are things that we've been through that I can't explain. It is crazy to think about the fact that George and I have been married for five years. We have a son, Matthew, and a daughter, Riley, who we adore more than anything. I'm so lucky to have George and this family that we're building together. We have a beautiful life and I love him and our son more than anything. He has been busy with the band's new album and I've been busy with my promotion at work. "I love you." George says, kissing me on the cheek. 

  I kiss him on the lips. "I love you too." I state. "You are sucked into the album." 

  "Yes I am but I'm also focusing on our son." He says. "Our family." 

  "I'm glad you're strong when it comes to our family. It's important to me." I say. He knows how much this family means to me. "Can I hear some of the album?" I ask. 

  He shakes his head. "As much as I want to let you hear it you know you can't." He says. "I can give you something else." He says, getting off the couch. 

  "What exactly would that be?" I ask, following after him. 

  He puts on an apron and hands me one. "I was thinking that we should have a baking night." 

  I kiss him on the lips sweetly. "I love baking with you." I state. "It's so much fun." 

  "It is fun especially when I'm baking with you." He says, pulling me close to him. 

  "Mommy I need help." Riley tells me. Riley is our two year old. 

  I look at my daughter. "What do you need help with?" 

  Riley looks at me. "My thingie won't turn on." I walk with her to her bedroom to help her with whatever it is. I help her fix it. "You get an hour of playing time then bed." I tell her. 

  Riley smiles at me. "Thanks mommy. I love you." 

  I smile. "I love you too you dork." I bop her on the nose before walking back into the kitchen. We moved houses when I was pregnant with Riley because we didn't have enough space for the four of us and a studio. I now have an office and George has a small studio and the kids have their own rooms. 

  "How is our baby girl?" George asks me as he wraps his arms around my waist. 

  "She's good. I gave her permission to play for an hour before bed." I state. "You didn't start without me did you?"