She

Reid's Pov:
"But I haven't done anything but sit around all day", Yn says, complaining.

"Actually, that's not true, at 9:38 you walked from the bed to car with your crutches and then at 10:04 you got out of the car and walked for 3 minutes and 22 seconds until you reached the jet", I tell her and she looks into my eyes straight face and I hear Morgan laugh quietly.

"You know what I meant", she says and I laugh at her over exaggerated frustration.

"You should still get some rest", I tell her. For someone who was very smart she wasn't very good at taking care of herself.

"You are very persistent you know", she narrows her eyes and leans her head back in defeat as we had been going back and forth in the conversation for the past minute or so.

The truth of it is that I was also desperatly wanting some sleep, even though I told Yn that I would go back to the hotel, I couldn't quite take myself to leave her. She had insisted that bullet wound didn't hurt and that it wasn't my fault however I couldn't shake the guilt that I felt as I looked at her pale face in the hospital bed; the harsh lights only made it clearer everytime she flinched with pain that came with slightest movements. So yes, I stayed the night curled up on the rickety hospital chair.

"Reid?", I heard Yn say as I realised I missed something she said. "You alright?"

"Oh um yeah I must've just zoned out", I smile lightly at her. "Now I'm gonna read whilst you take a nap", I say pulling a book out of my bag whilst she shuffled in her chair, getting more comfortable. I was hoping she would fall asleep too so that I could as well, I didn't want to sleep before her because she may need something so instead I open my book and began reading.

"Hey I hadn't finished", Yn says quietly as I go to turn the page, I look over at her to see she was peering at my book from over my shoulder.

"Oh I-I'm sorry I didn't rea-"

"I'm kidding, I wouldn't dream of trying to keep up with your crazy brain", she smiles whilst leaning back in her chair. "Is that teachable?"

I furrow my eyebrows before I realised what she was asking me, "Absolutely, it's basically training your subconscious to process more information than your consious brain and that's how I'm able to read so quickly, because my subconscious is doing most of the work. Although learning it can take awhile", I explain and she just nods her head in intrest before yawing. "See I told you, you need rest"

"Okay clever boy I'm going", she says leaning her head back and I get back to my book. I continue reading for a couple of minutes, half way through the book now already, before I turn my head to look at Yn who seemed to be asleep with her head phones in her ears - I hadn't even noticed her put them in but I wasn't surprised, thinking back to when she stayed over and she quietly tried to grab her phone but she still caught my attention. It was then that I realised that I'd never seen her fall asleep without music or at least background noise however I felt like it wasn't my place to pry so I let it be.

Her hair laid almost perfectly imperfect on her shoulders and her noise twitched slightly as she slept which made me smile slightly. I could hear her music hum from her headphones and as curled myself up I couldn't help but feel confused by the comfort I felt by the sound of Harry Styles paying quietly through the air.

Yn PoV

The rest of the team and I, minus Hotch, were waiting by the elevator to finally go home after our case.

"It was a rough one eh?", Rossi's says chuckling and everyone's eyes shifted to me and my crutches and I smile awkwardly.

"Tell me about it", I reply and there was a chorus of light laughter, everyone seemed almost euphoric to be leaving.