Cherry

yn pov

The rest of the team filed out of the room and JJ showed me to my desk which was face to face with Reid's and behind her's. I sat down and put somethings in the draws

"So, did you bring a go-bag cos if not I'm sure I have some clothes you can borrow" Prentiss said as she sat down on the corner of my desk.

"Thank you but luckily I packed one just in case", I smiled at her holding up my satchel.

"Oh look, yn and boy wonder have matching bags", Morgan said from his desk opposite mine. I looked up confused, who was boy wonder?

"Don't call me that", Spencer muttered at Morgan, his cheeks turning a light pink as Morgan had stood up and grabbed Reid's satchel that was almost identical to mine except mine was covered in pins and patches that I had sewn on and I laughed a little.

"Why boy wonder?", I asked curiously

"Well, pretty boy over here ha-"

"Don't do it", Reid said flicking Morgan.

"I'm sorry I have to, she asked", he replied "Basically, Reid is a genius, he has an IQ of 187, has three PHDS, can read 20,000 words per minute and has an eidetic memory"

"Holy shit", I laughed and Spencer looked at me slightly embarrassed. "I hate to break it to you but I um I've  got you beat", I said trying to hide my smile.

"What?" Reid said quickly

"I said I'm sorry I got you beat, y-you are looking at someone with an IQ of one eighty nine", I said dragging out the Last words. Reid's eyes widened making it obvious he has always been the smartest in the room and JJ, Emily and Morgan laughed.

"W-wow that's impressive" Reid tried to say without sounding kinda hurt. I let out a laugh feeling bad.

"I'm just messing with you" I said and saw his sigh of relief and Morgan cried out in disappointment, "Although, um, I do have more PHDs than you" and I smiled whilst standing and I walked away to the sound of Morgan asking Reid if he wanted some ice because he just got burnt.

I went to the bathroom and stared at myself in the mirror, I was shaking, it took all my might to play that joke on Reid, my foot was nervously tapping the whole time. I smiled as I thought of Reid's reaction when I told him I was joking, the cute little smile that came across his face. I was shocked though that someone could be so clever, he was actually a genius. I looked at my phone and saw that it was time to make my way to the jet.

I was sat alone on the jet when Hotch gathered us to brief us about the case, there was a serial arsonist on the loose in North Carolina and we had been brought in by local police. The unsub had killed almost 20 people in the last week alone.

"He is perfecting his technique however the rapid increase in fires suggests that he is devolving, assuming that he is a he", Rossi said.

"Only 1 in 10 -", I stopped speaking as I realised I wasn't the only one talking, Reid looked at me with an awkward smile and gestured at me to continue. Hoping my cheeks weren't glowing red with everyone's eye on me, I carried on, "yeah um, only 1 in 10 arsonists are actually female however this statistic i-is kinda unreliable as only 15-19% of arsonists are actually caught", I told the rest of the team quickly stuttering through my words in order to get their eyes off of me.

"Maybe she was right before, you do have some competition Reid", Morgan said laughing before returning to his file. After we had set up a preliminary profile we all dispersed on the jet, I sat on the furthest end of the jet away from everyone else, closest to the coffee machine. I was beginning to feel more and more nervous about landing and working with the local police force, what if I wasn't as good as the rest of this team? What if I mess up a key part of the profile? My breathing became quicker and quicker with each minute until I pulled out my ear phone and placed each earbud in quickly and I began to play my music. I felt myself immediately relax as I heard the opening notes to “Cherry”, by Harry Styles and I couldn't help but smile as I heard the lovely words coucou play through my ears. But soon I was interrupted by a tapping on my shoulder as I had closed my eyes, I was only halfway through the song but I already felt a lot calmer. I looked up and there was Reid looking down on me.