interlude: one

Any content, views, opinions, and responses to questions uploaded, expressed, or submitted by creators, sponsors, advertisers, or users of Podster, including its message boards and groups otherwise communicated are solely the views, opinions, and ...

Any content, views, opinions, and responses to questions uploaded, expressed, or submitted by creators, sponsors, advertisers, or users of Podster, including its message boards and groups otherwise communicated are solely the views, opinions, and responsibility of the person submitting them and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Podster. We thank you for your cooperation in these matters.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

THE BOTTOM CLUB

ep. 00 • live & on stereo

RATING: 16+ | CREATOR: Wyatt RM Carter | DOWNLOADS: 500K

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Hey.

[He clears his throat, but even as he does you can hear the uncertainty in his voice]

Um, hey, I'm Wyatt Carter―the RM in my display stands for Reginald-Miguel, my middle name―which is not it at all guys, I know. And I'd like to welcome you to the first official episode of this podcast, The Bottom Club.

Sorry, I'm so awkward, and in case you were wondering: there is a huge difference between reading a DIY guide on how to start a podcast and starting one so, yay!

[He cheers but it is cut off by a sharp cough]

Oh my God, this is bad and I hope I haven't already chased you off LOL. But if you're listening to this―it was the best recording I could muster up. I mean, sorry, at this moment I've tried five times and this is my sixth recording so here's to seven and eight probably turning out better. Can I get an amen from the audience?

[Silence]

Don't deny it, you said amen.

[Silence]

OK, so you didn't. Ha! Ha! Ha―!

[His laughter stops sharply and he breathes]

Jesus, fuck it.

[The change in his tone is pronounced: now he sounds less naive, not nice]

This Boy Scout approach is not getting me any brownie points, and if I'm going to be doing this podcast in the long run then you're going to need to see me as myself, all-natural, baby. Onto the meat of our conversation: The Bottom Club.

Now while I agree that roles in the gay community specifically: tops, bottoms, and everything in between―are all reductive and, to an extent, harmful to society's idea of what gay sex is, the title of this podcast is not meant to be any form of social commentary, but purely for entertainment purposes ONLY. Keep this in mind, because know that if you clap I clap back.

[He clucks his tongue and snaps his fingers]

Fuck being the bigger person. I can't do that. When you go low, I go to hell.

But this isn't about trash-talking anybody, so yes. Now, you may be wondering why I'm opening this podcast and I could tell you something noble, like I'm trying to document queer culture, Like Alfie―that'd be a lie. I'm here to talk about me and my life.

So please don't get it twisted.

[He laughs again, this time sounding more confident]

I don't expect a lot of people to listen to this cause it's kind of an online journal ―or diary, call it what you want to. But if you are here, then thank you.

Update: Future Wyatt here, and I just want to say that the seventh and eighth recordings of this were crap so we're going to have to go with this one then.

[A brief pause; the next episode begins]