Chapter 2

Chaeyoung was sleeping deeply on the couch, an unfamiliar smell woke him up and he got up in a hurry forgetting his wounded arm. He groaned as he wore his ranger boots and Sana wasn't in the cabin. A smile formed on his lips when he saw the fireplace. She lit it; it warmed his heart the same as his body.

He stepped out of the cabin just to see Sana grilling some meat on the campfire.

"Good morning or good afternoon shall I say, it's two o'clock now"

Chaeyoung nodded and his eyes were focusing on the squatted Sana near the campfire. Her gun was laid next to her on the snow in case a freak approached her.

"What is this?" he asked pointing at the meat.

"I hunted two rabbits today" she grinned "but it took me two hours"

Chaeyoung squat next to her and confusion was obvious on his face "You hunt too?"

Sana hummed as a yes.

"You cleaned the rabbit too?"

Sana nodded "Why are you so surprised?" she chuckled while placing the cooked meat on a plate "let's go inside it's cold"

Chaeyoung followed Sana slowly, he wondered if she is a superwoman.

The two sat in front of the fireplace, some candles lit the cabin as they ate silently "where were you when the virus took over?" Chaeyoung broke the silence.

"I was in this cabin" she sighed "I was on a vacation alone; I watched the news and saw what happened. I had to think quickly so I prepared the cabin because it took the virus one week to take over this city. Everyone freaked out" she dozed off as she remembered how hard these days were to her "but I managed to make this cabin safe by barricading the windows, steal some canned food and now I am working on the electricity"

Chaeyoung choked on his food "e-electricity?"

Sana nodded and grabbed the papers she places on the table "I have the Cabin's map and I analyzed the electricity system and I just need some fuel for the generator" she said excitedly.

Chaeyoung sat back and sighed "I can bring you some fuel but when my arm gets better"

"Wait are you planning on staying here with me?"

"How am I supposed to go out with a wounded arm" Chaeyoung whined "I will help you, then I can leave" he smiled innocently.

"Fine" Sana rolled her eyes "there is a fuel station a few miles from here and a grocery shop too but some freaks stay in"

"Sure, I need to go now and bring my motorcycle. I couldn't sleep well because I was afraid that it might be stolen or broken"

"Really? Your snores last night said otherwise" Sana teased.

Chaeyoung yelped embarrassedly before he burst laughing same as Sana who watched him got up "I won't be late, hopefully" he grinned "thank you for everything Sana, I am really glad for what you've made for me"

Sana shrugged her shoulders and accompanied him to the front door. She watched him leave before she closed the door. She hated how suddenly she felt lonely. It was only one night but his presence filled the emptiness in this cabin.

Chaeyoung had his eyes focused on the snowy road, the wind wasn't as strong as yesterday so walking wasn't hard and the vision was clear, it took him five minutes to notice his motorcycle. The highway was empty of stores and kiosks there was nothing to look for until something caught his eyes. It's winter and the road are filled with snow but a red flower decided to stand strong and still. He picked it up and placed it carefully in his pocket.