Chapter 3

Chaeyoung parked the motorcycle in the cabin's backyard. Sana was frozen. She didn't say anything through the who ride, she rushed to sit on the couch as soon as they arrived. Chaeyoung made sure no one followed them and if the door is locked. He rushed to the fireplace but Sana was shaking, she was in shock.

"Where are the fucking matches?" he cursed as he searched everywhere before he finally found them. He lit the fireplace before he covered Sana with the blankets. As soon as Chaeyoung sat beside her Sana found herself collapsing into his arms. He side hugged her and rubbed her arm making sure she is totally warm. Her hand held his jacket tightly as she cried silently.

"It's okay" he repeated "they are gone"

Chaeyoung was curious. He wants to know who is Jongin and who are the snatchers but Sana didn't say a word, she slowly closed her eyes and fell into a deep sleep. Chaeyoung laid her on the couch and covered her. He squatted in front of her and caressed her brown hair while smiling before he grabbed the axe and left.

~~

A few hours passed...

Sana woke up and looked around "Chaeyoung?" she yelled a bit but no one replied. All the bad thoughts crossed her mind but they were cut off when Chaeyoung came in. He placed two huge bags on the floor along with the bloody axe.

"It's cold," he said rushing to the fireplace.

Sana smiled and quickly walked to hug him "I thought you left"

"I won't go anywhere?" he chuckled while holding her hand. The two sat silently on the couch. They were eating some leftovers and canned food.

"Last year," said Sana "I discovered the snatchers. I was fine alone but I joined their camp. It was on a huge land. They managed everything and had a lot of medicines, food, and weapons. I used to work with other girls. We plant, clean and help the men in everything until one-day Jongin called me to his office" Chaeyoung kept staring at Sana's eyes, the fire reflected in her eyes showed the sadness and traumas she had "he told me I am doing a great job, I still remember how he smelled and how he was looking at me. He was the boss's assistant and first guard" she muted a bit and looked at Chaeyoung "he ordered me to strip and when I refused, he forced me. He ripped my pants and shirt and"

"Shush, it's okay. It's not your fault" he said cupping her face.

"I could've fought or stopped him but I couldn't. He did this to almost all the girls at the camp and we couldn't expose him. No one would believe us so I decided to run away. Al the girls were scared and weak. There was a rule on the camp that whoever leaves can't go back" Sana sighed "so I came back to my cabin and upgrade it and I survived" she held Chaeyoung's hand and stared at him "when I told you I wanted to end my life it was after he raped me"

Chaeyoung kept staring at Sana with his sorrowful ones. She has been through a lot and she is still going strong. It made him fall in love with her. He wondered how their life would be amazing if they met before.

"I have a plan. There is a military camp, not far away from here. Let's go, together. Maybe they have a vaccine or a safe place to go" he smiled at her "hm?"

"Do you really want to go with a person like me?" she asked with teary eyes.

"What's wrong with you?" he frowned "I only knew you for three days but I feel that I knew you for three years and for you, I am ready to fight everyone and everything"

Sana smiled and cupped his face with her warm small hands "Thank you"

Chaeyoung kissed the palm of her hand before getting up "let me show you what I brought" he said excitedly as he walked to the bags followed by Sana "I walked around and I brought wood for the fireplace and" he showed her two jackets "I found these in one of the abandoned cars and this" he showed her a Walkman with earphones "I don't know who still use a Walkman but it works"

Sana stared at her with the warmest smile as he tried to turn it on. The two can't hear music out loud or it will grab the freaks attention. He placed the Walkman in his pocket and walked to Sana "the owner is an old school person"

Chaeyoung held Sana's hand and they walked near the fireplace, he put one of the earphones in her ear and pressed play.

Marc Anthony – My baby you

He gently placed his hands on her waist as she placed hers around his neck, the two were lost in each other's eyes and touches. Chaeyoung's smiled brought Sana back to life, it erased all her traumas and sadness. Some gazes are the promise of protection, his was all that and more.

The two moved smoothly to the music, luckily, they knew the playlist and enjoyed it. Ignoring the wind outside and the annoying sound of the freaks. Chaeyoung caressed Sana's cheek with his thumb down to her lips. There is something eternal about the lips as much as the eyes, for they too are a passing point of soulful communications. But he decided to not follow his instinct. He softly pulled her to him and she buried her face into his chest.

~~

The night passed peacefully as the two slept in each other's arms and luckily the morning was shiny and sunny. They took a deep breath as they left the cabin holding hands. Sana took a deep breath and closed her eyes "I wish it's always that calm"

"Me too" he sighed looking around, afraid a snatcher or a freak might show up "let's check that shop maybe there is-"

Chaeyoung was cut off by Sana who threw a snowball at his head. He looked back at her and he swore he saw the cutest laugh and grin.

"You will regret this" he joked as he followed her. The two ran around like two children, they would throw snowballs at each other from time to time, Chaeyoung carried her piggyback and span around before he tripped and fell followed by Sana and he landed on top of her. As if they weren't in a dangerous place, the two chuckled and looked at each other eyes. Chaeyoung couldn't help himself his soft lips captured hers, causing her body to flush with heat. The heat seemed to travel through her veins, warming her. She felt a rush of euphoric bliss envelop her, making her heart sing with pure joy. Chaeyoung was cupping her face in his hands, caressing her cheeks with his thumbs as he explored her plump lips.

He slowly lets Sana's lips go, but kept his hand on her warm cheeks. He lets Sana sink what just transpired between them. He yelped and left a peck on her pointy nose. They got up and walked to the grocery shop, it was empty with few canned foods left and some un-useful stuff.

"The few we have aren't enough?" Sana asked.

"Taecyeon can answer that" a third voice replied, Chaeyoung reached for his gun before turning around but he felt a gun pointed to his head "unfortunately our boss needs you alive you two," he said.

Chaeyoung held Sana's hand as they turned to face three armed men "I killed Jongin, Sana is innocent, deal it with me"

"No! I will go with you" Sana raged "I am ready to face him too"

The guy frowned "tie them up" he ordered as his men compiled. Chaeyoung stared at Sana for the last time before they blindfolded them and dragged them outside.

To be continued...