Chapter 4

Chaeyoung squinted his eyes to adjust to the light after he was blindfolded for a while. Two men were dragging him into a big military tent. He couldn't have a good vision of the camp but it was surely huge and this tent wasn't the only one here.

It was full of packages and stocked food and medicines. Behind the main table sat a tall and well-built guy. His hair was short and his ears were huge too. Chaeyoung stood in front of him but the guy was busy with his puzzle on the table.

"Sir?" the guy accompanying Chaeyoung said.

"Oh! Oh~" he panicked and covered the unfinished puzzle with a cloth.

"This is the guy that killed Jongin"

Chaeyoung rolled his eyes and looked fiercely into the guy's eyes "yes this is me"

"Leave us alone"

The tall guy stood in front of Chaeyoung "I am the dean Ok Taecyeon, the responsible in this camp" he sighed "Jongin was my assistant, and losing him was painful to me. He was a friend too"

"You should have chosen a better one" he chuckled "where is Sana? I want to make sure she is fine before you do whatever to me"

"Sana will be safe she was one of us after all"

On the other hand, Sana was walking back and forth in the girls' tent she couldn't calm as she was afraid, they might hurt Chaeyoung "I want to talk to Taecyeon" she told the guard but he refused to let her out. She sat at one of the beds and prayed that he will be back to her safe and sound.

Taecyeon's tent

The two were still facing each other and Chaeyoung was staring right into his eyes "you have no fears" Taecyeon commented.

"I've killed more than 900 freaks. Do you think I fear anything? I survived alone in a city too"

"Why did you kill my man?"

"Because he has hurt my woman" Chaeyoung replied in no time.

"How?" Taecyeon asked.

"It looks like you are oblivious"

"About?"

Chaeyoung sighed "that asshole used to rape the women in this camp"

"Stop talking no sense and bringing up rumors to that dead guy"

"I am not lying, ask Sana she told me. That's why she ran away or she wouldn't leave this safe place and live alone"

Taecyeon observed Chaeyoung's deeply "GUARD!!!" he hollered "bring Sana here" Chaeyoung smiled upon hearing this "and take Chaeyoung to the dungeon"

"What? No no, let me see Sana" the latter begged. But he was already dragged outside the tent.

~~

Sana bowed to Taecyeon as soon as she stood in front of him "what Chaeyoung said is true? That Jongin used to" he muted and frowned at her.

Sana yelped and nodded "not only me and not only him"

Taecyeon was a good guy, everyone can say it and see it but he was stupid sometimes. He slammed his palm on the table "why you didn't expose him? Were you afraid of me? I never hurt women!!"

"Not from you sir, but they threatened us and everyone was so weak but I decided to run away and heal because what I've been through was so hard"

Taecyeon sat back "GUARD!" he yelled again "bring Chaeyoung here"

Sana swore that her heart drop upon hearing his name, not so much passed and Chaeyoung entered the tent he tightly hugged Sana as soon as he saw her the hug of strong arms that tells everything that you are - body, brain, and soul - that they are with you. Taecyeon smiled at the sight, it's been a long time since he saw two couples deeply in love.

"I will investigate every man and woman on this land and every guilty man will be punished by kicking him out of this camp!"

Sana and Chaeyoung held hands tightly "but I have a favor, please let Sana stay with me. I don't trust anyone here"

Taecyeon nodded "Sana you know the third tent, right? There is an empty bed you two can stay there and you" he pointed at Chaeyoung "be ready at dawn, you will be my new assistant"

"Hm?" Chaeyoung widened his eyes.

"Manners!!!" Taecyeon yelled.

"YES SIR!" Chaeyoung saluted him and Sana did her best to not laugh.

"You can leave"

"Yes sir!" Sana imitated him as soon as they left the tent.

Chaeyoung laughed and looked around, it was night but there was electricity and light bulbs everywhere. Guards standing on the land walls and everything seems organized and neat.

"What are you thinking about?" she asked as they stopped walking.

"Shall we stay here?" he asked "we can bring our stuff from the cabin along with my motorcycle. I can go back to Itaewon too to bring my equi-"

"No" Sana cut him off as she cupped his face "I don't want you to go anywhere without me from now on"

Chaeyoung smiled "if that what you want" he sighed "you gave me a reason to survive and I will fight till the end"

"Me too, and I love you so much"

"I love you too" he whispered as he kissed her forehead.

The end