C H A P T E R 8

C H A P T E R 8 - Sooner or later, the universe will give you all your answers

~I will never stop~

A small breeze fell up on her cheeks, breaking her from dreams that held her hostage. Her dreams were confusing, they surrounded a central theme and yet were cut and only showed very little what was going on. She saw fire... and she saw blood. Simbelmynë didn't want to move, let alone open her eyes, she was so comfortable. Is this what death felt like? To be completely at peace? She wondered. Her hands felt the soft furs and silks, eyes blinking open and looking around the room. This wasn't right.

Simbelmynë's eyes widened, head turning trying to understand exactly where she was. There was gold and precious crystals decorating the room, gigantic sheer white curtains covering one wall. It looked like someone royal would reside here. She really hoped not, but inside she knew it was. This was the Kings room.

Trying her best to ignore the pain in her sore sides, she made it to the side of the bed, wobbling on her injured feet towards the curtained side of the room. With great effort, she flung the curtains open, her back aching. Simbelmynë remembered vaguely what happened, a fight with the king, the yells of the dwarves and the fall. After that and the battles with spiders no wonder everything hurt. Behind the large curtains was no ordinary sight, behind it were doors leading onto a marbled balcony that overlooked the whole palace.

It was extraordinary. Breathtaking. Yet it had felt like she had seen it a million times before, whether in this life or a dream.

"My lady?" A calming voice called from behind her. Simbelmynë didn't bother attempting to hide herself or reach for her weapons, she knew they would obviously be missing. She turned around, finding an auburn-haired elle that walking towards her. The elf was taller and had long hair that spun almost tail-like behind her. She was decked in a green tunic, a bow and arrows on her back, daggers most likely on her person.

"Do I look like a 'Lady', to you?" Simbelmynë wondered, turning back to face the view of Mirkwood.

"It is how I was told to address you," The elf stated, "I was also told to have you bathed and dressed and I am happy to fix your hair if you wish." The auburn elleth walked closer until she was standing just behind the blonde.

"How elven of you... only caring about beautification and self care. Nothing else."

"We do not!"

"So self righteous, aren't you?" Simbelmynë continued, turning to face her, "do you have no knowledge of what goes on behind those trees? The fighting, the murders, death and destruction, do you know any of it? Or has your king blind sighted you so?"

The young elf was taken aback, staying quiet and talking low, "I would be careful how you speak. King Thranduil has never shown such hospitality before, he may put you in the cells with the dwarves." How strange. Instead of arguing and defending her king she was warning her, it made her like her more in all honesty. She was also telling her where the company was which was helpful, not surprising, but still helpful.

"What is your name?" Mynë quizzed, turning back to the warrior elf.

"Tauriel."

"A beautiful name... daughter of the forrest... I think it means. I wish not to make your life misery, Tauriel, I will do as you have been commanded to." She smiled, offering a nod to the other elf. Tauriel smiled back, nodding as well before the elf with no land continued, "why exactly do you carry weapons to escort me to a bath?"

Tauriel couldn't help but snicker under her breath, for some reason feeling comfortable in the strange elleth's presence. "The King thought it wise.. for my own safety."