Chapter 10: Interested (SUMT WARNING)

A week went by silently without any particular events or happenings. You went to work and studied the same bodies whose murders were left unsolved so far. Things were beginning to feel dull and mundane for you...again. You made the decision to stay away from Hannibal's presence during that time. You were uneasy with the fact that he could control you so naturally. Something about that fact twisted your stomach and pulled at something in the back of your mind. It reminded you of something that you had forgotten long ago. Something that gnawed at you every day since your first session with the sly psychiatrist. The more you were around him, the more that thought begged to be seen. And yet, it enticed you to him even more. There was safety in his dangerous and controlling ways.

You had also noticed how closed off Will was becoming. He acted strangely around Alana now and he was even more withdrawn from everyone. You weren't expecting to receive a text message from him, asking for you to stop by. Did he actually want your company? Maybe he just needed your advice on how to impress Alana. But of course, he could ask Hannibal. Hannibal knew plenty about women and how to please them.

You blushed, recalling his mouth between your legs and his tongue lapping at you and dipping deeply into you as if he was going to parish without the taste of you. You tried to focus on driving, but the more you thought of Hannibal, the more you began to feel regret for not seeing him ever since you woke up to the dismembered body. Hannibal hungrily kissed you and licked the blood from your bare chest, fingers toying with your clit. He enjoyed hearing your impatient mewling for more. But he never gave you more than his mouth or his fingers. It was driving you insane. But you thought he must've found that entertaining.

You hated to admit it, but the week without him made you miss him. You would sell your soul for just a small caress from the man. Breaking from your thoughts, you realized you were turning into Will's driveway. You saw him standing on the porch, throwing a ball to his dogs, looking comfortable in a dark knitted sweater. He smiled awkwardly at you as you pulled nearer and you returned that smile.

The moment you got out of the car, you were bombarded by the dogs who were so thrilled to see a new face. Will tried to call them back, but that was a clear failure. Not that you minded. You always liked animals, especially dogs. They made more sense than people and they had unconditional love for you.

"Sorry about them." Will laughed nervously, still trying to shoo the animals away to give you room to walk up to the porch. "They get really excited about visitors."

You tried to pet each dog that jumped up to you, but they were quicker than you. You smiled at the interaction that genuinely made you feel content and looked up to Will, finally making more progress to the porch. "That's alright." You answered, following Will into his home. "I don't mind." You glanced around the living room, seeing just how small his house was. You admired the various dog beds that filled it and noticed that Will's bedroom was directly next to it. Just beside the front door was his fishing station. "This is a nice setup." You nodded in approval. "You don't use the upstairs?"

"Only for the bathroom...I prefer to know when people are coming to bother me." Will responded, shrugging and scratching the back of his hand nervously.

You nodded again, taking another glance around before smiling at the awkward man again. "Well, it's still really nice. My place isn't as cozy as this." You sat in the chair next to his desk that looked out of the window and looked over his fishing tools. Will quietly sat in the recliner next to it and sighed. "Is something wrong?" You asked, turning in your seat to get a better look at the man who was rubbing at his face. "I'm sure there's a reason you finally decided to invite me over and it wasn't for a 'good' time."

That made Will laugh a bit as his face hid in his hands. You waited for his answer as patiently as you could. He spoke after taking a deep breath and releasing another sigh, looking to the unlit fireplace. "I just feel like I'm getting worse and everyone thinks I'm going crazy. And maybe I am. Maybe I really have been all this time. But I haven't really been feeling the same and Jack keeps asking more of me." Will's rambling didn't seem to have an end. He just let out what he had been holding back for some time.

"Have you talked about any of this with Hannibal?" You managed to ask the moment Will took a pause to breathe.

He scoffed at this answer and scratched at his hand again, making it even redder. This made your eye twitch slightly. "That's what everyone keeps asking me. 'Have you talked to Hannibal?' 'Does Hannibal know about this?' It's all just so damn aggravating." Will leaned back in his chair, still looking at the fireplace. "Something in my gut tells me that Hannibal isn't actually helping me. That I'm just some science fair project."

You felt a sting of defensiveness for Hannibal, but your heart also felt an ache for Will, who was falling apart in front of you. "I don't think you're crazy, Will." You said, turning fully around in the chair with your legs parted due to the back of the chair. You crossed your arms on the top of the chair and studied Will's profile. 'A poor god.' You thought but proceeded to speak aloud. "I don't think you're crazy at all. And if you don't want to go to Hannibal, then you can always come to me."

Will raised an eyebrow and looked at you. "Why are you like this with me?" You knew what he meant. You were always so inviting with him and yet he kept you at a distance. "Are you only professionally interested?" The way he said that made it seem as if he was repeating what someone else said to him. What Alana may have said to him.

You adjusted yourself to stand up and approached Will before placing yourself at his knees, resting your hands on his thighs and looking into his eyes. "I'm interested because I know that we're exactly the same. We both want love. And we both have secrets that might prevent us from getting that love." You inched your face up to his, moving your hands further up his legs. You could feel how shaky Will's breath became as your lips were just centimeters apart from each other. You could feel how hard he was underneath his pants and this felt like a praise from him. Your lips roughly crashed and Will's tongue was fighting yours. His moan sent a tingling down your spine as you climbed into his lap, taking the opportunity to grind against him.

With Hannibal, you felt like you could wait for him on hands and knees. You wanted his domination over your existence, even though you felt a tug warning you to kill him before he could kill you. Even though something screamed to you that you should run. Will, however, was the potential sweet lover who demanded subjugation from you. He wanted to give up what was torturing him. He might even want the tools to dominate. You wanted to guide him. A part of you wanted to dominate him with Hannibal and have the two of them dominate you. How happy the three of you could be.

Will's hands gripped your waist and he grinded back, biting your lip haphazardly and drawing blood. Your own hands weaved themselves into his hair as you bit back, trailing down to kiss his neck before situating yourself back onto your knees, undoing his pants. You needed him now.

Will's phone rang loudly, interrupting the moment before you were finally able to free him. Both of you huffed and Will clumsily reached for the device, his face a deep red from being brought back to reality. You watched him, your bottom lip swollen but managing a smirk as you were amused by the messy state of him.

Will answered, trying to find his breath. You tried to make out what was being said on the other side, but the conversation was brief. Will hung up the phone, then tried to form sentences, not wanting to sound embarrassed. "T-That was Jack... There's apparently b-been another body- er- bodies found. He's gonna call you too..."

You nodded and stood up, fixing your blouse. You stepped to Will and placed a light kiss on his cheek. "My phone's in the car. So, I'll meet you there." You brushed his hair aside from his forehead and smirked. "Such bad timing." You joked and made your leave.