Chapter 15: Nightmares

**Trigger Warnings**
Brief descriptions of murdered children and sexual assault

The walk out of the headquarters felt like it took an eternity and you spent a long time in your car, trying to process what you were told. The rain had returned and you watched the drops hit the windshield and glide down. You truly weren't so shocked that it turned out to be Danum who had killed those girls. He was always shifty in your eyes and no one else really noticed. Then again, no one really noticed you either. It was incredible how ignorant people were to others around them, even when they excel in profiling others. That fact made you laugh a little and your hands gripped the steering wheel tightly, causing your knuckles to turn white. What a mess your life was. What a mess you found yourself in now.

You drove home in silence, only hearing the sound of the windshield wipers as they squealed back and forth. It was moments like these that you caught yourself feeling normal. Why hadn't you bought new wipers yet? The sound bothered you every time it rained, but the idea of buying new ones always escaped you until those rainy days came back. Other things as simple as that slipped your thoughts too. You knew everyone had such forgetful and inconvenient moments like that. And that's what made you feel normal. You could relate to someone who was not like you. You could, for a moment, relate to everyone.

You noticed that you were approaching a pulled over vehicle with its hazards on. Curious, you pulled over and retrieved a pair of gloves from the compartment. Putting them on before stepping out into the downpour, you felt that desire for destruction in your heart. The anger that burned inside of you daily. The reality was that you were not normal. You couldn't relate to anyone but a select few. And really, what did those select few have in common with you other than killing? Hannibal's motives were his own. Danum's motives were his own. And your motives, although still uncertain, were your own.

Before you knew it, you were walking upon a soaked woman who was bent down in front of her car, looking at a dead deer. You looked at the car and saw how badly damaged the front was, windshield cracked. "Are you okay?" You asked.

The woman looked up at you and quickly stood. "Y-Yeah." Her voice was shaken from the accident. She looked physically okay, but you could hear the shock and sadness in her tone. "I didn't even see it in the road with all this rain. By the time I did..." You could hear a choked sob. "Jesus, I've never hit an animal before."

You frowned and walked past her to the deer. "You should call the cops." You replied, squatting down to the large animal. You heard her move towards the driver's side, probably to get her phone. You decided it was best to let her go. She wasn't worth it. Instead, you were too busy looking at the deer. Taking a glove off, you placed your hand on the deer. Letting your fingers run through its fur. There was still some warmth left and you sighed as your hand continued to pet at it.

Then the deer breathed, startling you. Its legs began to twitch and the head was shaking, as if it was trying to wake up. You looked up and suddenly the deer was standing in front of you, its black eyes seemingly staring into your soul and you were frightened. You blinked tightly and when you opened your eyes, it was Will sitting in front of you. He was covered in blood. You looked down at his chest and saw blood pouring from it. His eyes were grey, skin ghostly pale. "Will?" You whispered.

"I didn't beg for you to stop when you were killing me." Will said, his voice was raspy, but he calmly smiled at you. "I was silent the entire time."

You began to cry hard, remembering it all. "I know you were. And I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

Will's face remained calm, he just continued to stare. But now he was staring past you. Turning to look over your shoulder, you saw yourself holding a knife. You were also covered in blood, shaking after something you had done. You turned your head back, expecting to see Will but was then greeted by your uncle, whose face was rotten and disfigured, as if a part of his head had exploded. "Is that how you would've killed me?" He asked.