𝐰𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐬 ━ 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬

☂︎ 𝔱𝔰𝔲 | ❛ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ᴛɪᴍᴇꜱ ❜

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐅 the Umbrella Academy sits quietly in pensive silence. They are scattered around the living room, aside from Klaus who is across from them at the bar, pouring himself a drink. After several beats of awkward silence, Luther rises to his feet and looks around the room at his siblings.

"Um, I guess we should get this started." He says, for the first time in their lives he speaks before them with a timid and unsure composure. "So I figured we could have a sort of memorial service, in the courtyard at sundown. Say a few words, just at Dad's favorite spot."

A look of surprise crosses Allison's face as she speaks for the remainder of their siblings. "Dad had a favorite spot?"

Luther nodded, speaking as if it was as obvious as the sun rising in the morning and setting in the evening.

-"Yeah,"

-"Yeah,"

Luther and Vanya share an awkward look with their siblings, both of them quickly realizing they were the only ones to know about this. Vanya ducks her head back down into her lap, not at all anxious to start anything back up but Luther was none the wiser.

"Yeah," he repeated, clearing his throat as he returned his attention to Allison. "you know? Under the oak tree?"

He quickly notices a look of pained absence in his brothers and sister's faces - Vanya merely rolls her eyes to herself, not speaking a word and he grows confused. "We used to sit out there all the time. None of you ever did that?"

Before anyone could correct him, Klaus strolled across the room to join them, cigarette and his latest drink in hand as he spoke.

"Will there be refreshments?" He asks, looking from Luther to his two sisters looking for a seat. "Tea? Scones? Cucumber sandwiches are always a winner."

"What?" Luther scoffs, shaking his head. "No. And put that out. You know Dad didn't allow smoking in here."

Allison speaks up next in an accusatory tone towards her brother in what she wished was the first of such habits. "Is that my skirt?"

"What?" Klaus asks, twirling around to face his sister before his face lights up excitedly. "Oh, yeah, this. I found it in your room. It's a little dated, I know, but it's very breathy on the, uh, bits."

"Listen up." Luther snaps, impatient with the wandering attention of his siblings. "Still some important things that we need to discuss, alright?"

"Like what?" Diego asks dryly from his seat by the hearth.