☂︎ CONTENT WARNING ☂︎

EDIT: obv not a content warning or anything but heads up, if you see Viktors deadname and/or pronouns please know I'm in the process of updating it since this was planned and written before the news. And if you see one I missed in a chapter I clearly already got to, please feel free to let me know! And sincerest apologies if I do!

Please be advised that this series deals with the subject of kidnapping. It is not here to be glorified, but it will be touched on/mentioned frequently. Less so in the second season but still present as it is an essential part of the reader's backstory. If this is not something you are comfortable with, this story may not be for you, and for that I'm sorry 💗

This story also touches on drug use, but no more than that of the show.

I'm also gonna apologize for any ooc [besides vanya] things might get because I'm still new to writing these characters and I'm gonna have to go off book a lot. The first time I ever saw umbrella academy was only days after season 2 came out so it hasn't even been a year yet. So please be kind, I did my best 🙈 I also want to warn yall and apologize again cause, this is gonna be highly unrealistic in terms of reader being reintroduced to the outside world and just basic cognitive function. In all honesty, when I planned this series I never quite worked out the details of where reader is kept and how yall were raised and know stuff so please just ignore that kinda stuff for the sake of the plot lmao.

Hope that made sense and thank you for reading! Count this your friendly reminder to drink some water and wash your hands! I love you guys and I hope you're staying safe and happy 😊