Chapter 2

Biblically, Eli was an Old Testament figure who was a high priest of Israel and instructed the young Samuel. In modern times, Eli Manning is a likeable Super Bowl-winning quarterback which may account for the name's recent trendiness.

But in this time Eli is Ellen and Patrick's son, who holds a lot of secrets and could change a lot of things if not kept clandestine.

Ellen watched as Eli struggled to put the straw through the hole of his Capri sun.
He stuck his tongue out and concentrated harder.

A smile came across Ellen's porcelain features,"Do you need help."  She asked while squatting Down trying to level with him.

"No" he stated clearly being stubborn. This happened every time he wanted a juice, he would have a hard time putting the straw in, she would offer to help, he would say no, and then he'll whine and cry about it later.

Ellen stood back up and headed to his bedroom.
"Mommy!" Eli whined from the end of the long hallway.
"Im coming" she placed his small shorts and t-shirt on his bed, walking out and was greeted by a snot nosed Eli.

"Buddy, why don't you just let me help you the first time."
Eli looked up at her, revealing his stormy teary eyes.

Ellen was not this stubborn, she always just assumed he inherited this trait from Patrick, but she never even considered telling or asking him, not after what happened last time.

Flashback:

Jen watched as Ellen paced across the room, her small belly admitting.
"Are you going to tell him?" She questioned curiously.
Ellen stopped pacing and grabbed her phone. "What are you doing."  Jen asked timidly as she saw a determined Ellen dial a number and bring the phone to her ear.

"Hey, yeah, can I have Patrick Dempsey number." Ellen asked her agent awkwardly.
"Uh yeah, but he is on vacation, let's see ... he has asked that if you need to reach him, go through his wife."

She hung up immediately, and dropped the phone onto the floor.
Tears welled from her eyes, "He's fucking married." She screamed.
The urge to vomit hit her, and it her hard. She ran to the bathroom.
"El" Jen screamed and ran after her.

End flashback

In soccer there are two teams of eleven players. But right now it's Patrick vs the twins, Darby and Sullivan.

Patrick did some serious moves with the ball, before kicking it into the goalie. The twins looked at each other, "You cheater!" They said in sync.

Patrick put his hands on his knees trying to catch his breath, "Cheater? What are you kids?"
"Sorta yeah" Darby said with a slight laugh.

Jill swung the back door open,
"Babe your gonna be late for your meeting, you two go shower."
They looked at Patrick for help, "she's the boss" he uttered throwing his hands beside his face, in a way of staying out of it.

Patrick was going to Warner brothers to see what his agent arranged, for a new movie on HBO max.

"Okay so he's eaten and bathed, I won't be gone for long." Ellen explained to the nanny.
She saw Ellen looking at Eli, on the couch debating whether to go or not.

"Okay, got it! Go out have fun." She reassured her, placing her hand on Ellens shoulder.
Ellen was going to have lunch with Ryan Reynolds, they have been seeing each other for over a year now, he's like a dad to Eli.