6

03:11 am, Shelby & Toni

But did you read the message that got in between yours (?

Sorry I don't wanna look like a creep lol

Even though I know I do seem like it

But I am noooot

Lmao I swear

'Oh my Lord. Why do I get so caught up in explaining something to this apparently 17 year old girl', Shelby thought.

Ok I will stop messaging until you answer 'cause that makes me just look more like what I'm saying I'm not

Shelby was trying to not look at the phone's screen and hide under her sheets for seeking calm.

Toni smiled and looked at the night sky while thinking what her answer was going to be.

hey it's ok

i think you are cute

i mean for all the corrections and stuff

and you actually made me smile

Shelby read that almost five times and could not believe her eyes. It has passed a long time since someone said that to her... That's the reason of why she found herself now similing too. At the same time, she did not realize that was touching the bed covers with the hand that was not with the phone in a way for relief of all the sudden butterflies she felt around her body.

Toni made her tender smile a little more wider when reading again the message she has just sent. She doubted before sending the next text, thinking that maybe it would be too cute or too invasive for the other girl. Even if she liked to do whatever she wanted to without having the need to ask for the permission of anybody, she also thought that respecting the space of the others was really important, more if it had to do with a girl.

you should too :)

'I am...', Shelby said quietly.

They didn't know, but both of them had the same reaction: kept smiling and closed their eyes to blend and fade the emergent sensations with the environment. Toni felt the cold night air going through her face and Shelby felt the charm of her room, but none were enough to fight against the warmness that emerged from their cheeks. In reality this didn't happen in more than seven seconds, but for them the time was perceived slower.

i will take this silent moment as for you smiling over there in texas sksl

'Ok Toni, keep it cool, keep it low. The laugh at the end will make you look cooler', Toni said to herself.

so... what can you tell me about you

'Yup, let's change topics...', Toni thought.

Well, basically I do real, I do family, I do Jesus, I do pagean-

Shelby, out of nowhere, stopped writing the message and thought 'Ugh... This is my everyday life. Should I drag it with a new person in the Internet too?...', before deleting the text.

'She might be taking too much to answer...', Toni thought.

Well, I really like singing

'Yeah, that sounds better. And it's true, so...', Shelby thought.

'Ah, there it is. Singing, huh? I wonder how her voice sounds like...', Toni thought and found herself lost in a sea of mind pictures of the texan girl.

'Let's add some...', Shelby thought.

[insert microphone and musical emojis]

'There', Shelby thought.

'Who uses emojis nowadays', Toni said quietly before laughing. She was not making fun of it, but actually being impressed and thought it was cute.

uhh

'If you can't go against them, join them...', Toni thought while trying to find de applause emoji.

'Is she not going to answer?...', Shelby thought with a sad expression.

[insert applause emoji]

'Who made the emoji order in the keyboard, ugh...', Toni thought.

'Oh. I guess she was looking for the emoji', Shelby thought.

i'm good at basketball

'Basketball? That's so cool', Shelby said to herself while already trying to picture the seventeen year old female girl playing in a match. However, she wasn't able to accomplish it completely since she didn't know her face or either her name. That left Shelby thinking more.

[insert basketball ball and basketball player emoji]

'Yep, I know now where you are dumb emojis', Toni thought.

you're actually talking to the team's captain..... just sayin ;)

'Gotta show off a little...', Toni thought playfully.

'How come that statement made my mental picture of her more attractive?', Shelby thought impressed of herself.

So can I know the team's captain's name?

so can i know the singer's name?

Once again, without their mutual knowledge, they found themselves reacting the same, after sending a very similar text: 'Oh, she asked for my name... and I did too'.

Independently, both of them tried to make an intern joke about the other's hobbies. They knew that these situations only happened in those kind of very new relationships you knew where going to last and be strong. And they hoped this wasn't an exception...

-
hey! thanks for the comments and all of the people who had added this story to their lists <3

i wanted to mention that what i'm trying to do is like a kind-of-point-of-view-thing of the girls while chatting because even if i could only write the texts, i like to describe what's happening in each's sides. and also because i think we all have those little thoughts that are shorter than one second when texting someone lol

any suggestions are welcomed!

alsooo did y'all notice this happens in like 7 minutes approximately and they evolve from mentally reffering to the other as a 'person' (because they don't trust yet if what the other said is true) to thinking as 'she/her' (because they know trust what the other said)??? lmao me fangirling about my own fic.