Prologue

Jeez this sucks, just shut up would you.

Eren never told a soul of his childhood, blaming himself since he was five for being brought into this awful dark cruel world; being just a child and thrown in cuffs for something he wants to black out of his memory.

He being just a tot when he witnessed his father bringing strange women in and out of the house while his mother was at work, that continued for years which lead to arguements and abuse between the two.

His father often hit his wife Carla, and Eren. Carla would fight back with the best of her abilities but that never helped, his father Grisha; would get angrier and beat Carla to unconsciousness then move on to Eren.

Grisha got worse when one day Carla left, Eren being twelve felt abandoned and unwanted, during those 3 years Grisha hurt Eren way more then he ever has before; due to Carla protecting Eren.

Grisha beat Eren almost every day blaming and spitting vile things at Eren, the abuse progressed into something completely different, something way worse.

It developed into Grisha stripping Eren and taking photos of Eren's nude bruised body after beating him, most likely making money from the disgusting actions. Eren blamed his mother everyday for leaving him alone with the monster that has become of his father, leaving him to fend for himself; leaving him to hide the bruises and emotional trauma while at school. He hated her very existence.

Eren was progressively becoming a shell of of his former self, he hated looking in the mirror.  He hated seeing the scars caused by his father, and partially himself, new and old fading ugly pink lines littered his arms in various sizes; along with the multiple cigarette burns, making a fun game of connect the dots if you use your imagination.

He never liked the idea of harming your own body, but then again he was a hypocrite.

As much as he hated the idea of it he was a heavy smoker, he smoked to at least try to feel something, anything. He really was losing touch with reality, when he was alone in his room he would often talk too, more like rant too people who weren't there, he was talking to thin air.

He would often lay in bed and just close his eyes and imagine a new life, without abuse, without the mental torture. A normal life with a loving family, a family that didn't fall apart after him entering the seemingly hopeful world that was really just littered with little white lies to save him; along with many kids from the truth, the reality, that life was really all deception and lies.

Parenting is cruel like that, they bring you into the world you never wanted to be in to begin with, they lie to you to make you feel better; it's only as you grow older you start to realize the truth and spot the lies they've told.

When Carla eventually came back home; she stood on the porch, taking in a deep breath when a furious bloody nosed Eren rushed out slamming the door behind him, he stopped dead in his tracks as he spotted his mother; staring at his dolled up mother. Carla stared back at the tall figure that stood before her; the door swung open with a pissed off Grisha as he grabbed Eren roughly by the arm.

"How dare you swear at me you little shi-" Grisha was cut off by Carla.

"Grisha shut your fucking mouth! Eren, how are you honey" Carla tried to speak to her confused son.

"Mom?" Eren asked in disbelief as he ripped his arm from his father's grip.

"Yes sweetheart, it's me." Carla said with a soft smile placing her hands on her son's cheeks. Wiping some of the blood from her son's nose she gave a sad smile. "I'm sorry I left...but I'm back now, and I'm ready to be your mom again."