CH 1. 3AM Walks & Talks

This dark cold room, and it's stupid fucking thin walls.

Here Eren was lying in his cold dark room unable to sleep due to being woken up by the unbearable sound of gross, loud, old people sex.

Finally getting up and hurriedly pulling on his black Jeans and throwing his white hoodie over his black tee, tossing his cigarettes and lighter in his hoodie pockets.

He hopped out of his window and he took a breath of relief as the cold air hit his face, putting in his earbuds and shuffling his playlist a couple times his favorite song finally starts playing, turning the volume to the max he started to lazily hum along.

It was then Eren decided he was going to walk till his feet got tired.
It's not like he was going to be able to get any sleep in that house.

While his legs bring him to the place he spends more time at then home.
Walking through the well known field with a lit cigarette in hand mumbling the lyrics to the song he had on repeat for the last few months.

"It's the typical story of the king who had it all, except for citizens who didn't want his head up on a wall,
It's the typical story of the wife who couldn't quit, being in love with such a giant piece of shit" Eren mumbled the lyrics, cigarette long abandoned, walking past the beloved tree eyeing all the beautiful fireflies in the air.

"It's the story of the queen who could never ever think, of any redeeming qualities a man could ever bring,
It's the story of the dog who wanted to run away, Til he learned that his life is way safer inside a cage"
Eren really related to this song, Typical story.

He truly related the Queen/wife to his mother Carla, a wife who couldn't quit being in love with a giant piece of shit, the piece of shit being his dad, obviously.

Then last but not least, him feeling like a dog knowing he's safer inside a cage, because the sad truth is he can't go anywhere, he was just a broke kid without a job and a drunk for a father, oh his mother was no better she had the audacity to choose pills over her son, I mean come on.

Letting the music play he pops a new cigarette between his lips, lighting it he switched his music to another great song, taking a long drag standing in place.

He let's the music flow through his ears taking in the lyrics, Eren refused to cry when he was feeling down he felt weak and unworthy. He had a endless list of issues that he couldn't be bothered to deal with.

For an example he felt like he could be replaced by someone new at any second. So that had made him have long episodes where he would stray away from everyone, he would completely and utterly close himself off from everyone.

He would often feel like he was a fraud, he felt like he was lying to everyone he associated with, that he couldn't be himself or he would scare them away; so he would do what he always did and lock himself away, lied straight to everyones faces.

He let the next loud "emo" song play as he sat criss cross on the grass while staring at the little fireflies floating around him they were as beautiful and as calming as always with their weird little bodies.

Eren froze, he sat completely still. A wave of paranoia washing over him, he felt as if someone staring at him. pushing the thought away he got up and started walking towards his house hoping he could possibly steal a couple beers from his dad's stash to numb himself from his racing thoughts of being murdered by a junkie.

Walking a couple blocks down, getting increasingly more paranoid and looking around just to see no one was there. He walked even faster until he heard footsteps over the loud music; he spun around to be face to face with someone.

"JESUS FUCKING-CHRIST!!" Eren stumbles back almost falling on his ass in the process.
"Shit! You scared me asshole!" Eren said trying to regain his fake calm and collect composure.

"Oh shut up, relax. The hell are you doing out here at this time of night?" Levi asked with bored expression.

"I couldn't sleep, why are you out here?" Eren asked still a bit frazzled, fiddling with his lighter.

"I went to the store for a pack of smokes." He deadpanned.
"Why were you looking like a puffed up cat before I got here?" Levi asks starting to walk in the direction Eren was originally going.

"What? I don't know, I felt someone watching me I guess?" Eren answered truthfully following the short man.

"Hmm. Paranoid one aren't you? You know that's bad for the mind" Levi says pointing his index finger to his head.

"Yeah? Well I can't help it, and apparently everything is bad for the mind." Eren sassed with a sigh.

"Ahh snappy too, hmm you seem like a pain in the ass, y'know that?" Levi sassed back.

"Oh shut up!" Eren groaned lightly pushing Levi into a parked car.

"You little shit! HEY! Get back here!!" Levi yells chasing after the taller boy who was running away.

Eren had to admit he was fast for a small fucker he basically football tackled him to the ground, HARD.

Groaning Eren got up complaining about how heavy the little one was, the argueing between the two of them continued till they both had enough and just laid on the sidewalk.

"Oi-" Levi nudged the brunette, giving a noise of acknowledgement that he was listening. "-This sidewalk is fucking disgusting." "PFFT- That's all?" The brunette laughed.
"Oi, why are you laughing?" Levi asked while getting off the ground with the brunette following suit.

They walked aimlessly in the comfortable silence and the quiet sound of music coming from the brunettes earbuds. Eventually
Eren broke the silence.

"So...uhh I got a question for you." The brunette glanced at the smaller boy.
"Hmm, well get on with it then." Levi shrugged.

"Okay...well- uh I" Eren stammered  fiddling with his lighter.

"Spit it out already!" Levi said quite annoyed. "Well, really it's a dumb question!!" Levi shrugged at the statement.

"I don't care if its dumb don't just say you want to ask me something then not ask! Jesus fuck." The raven sighed.

"Okay! Okay...it's still dumb but...I... wanted to ask if you know why fireflies glow?" Eren said with a glowing red face.

Earning him a chuckle from Levi that turned into a fit of full blown  laughter, to which Eren watched in awe with his face getting redder by the second.

"Pfft- are- are you serious? That's the question? You're right that was a stupid question." The short boy stated after he had calmed down.

"S-Shut up! Well do you know or not!?" The brunette shouted completely embarrassed.

"Pfft- uhh I think it has something to do with oxygen and other chemicals or some shit." Levi laughed. "Why don't you Google it?"

"Hell no! I think it's kinda beautiful not knowing why they glow, I guess...it's like the mysterious troupe girls love about guys or something." Eren rambled as Levi laughed at him.

"Well- pfft- okay, I'm going to leave to to think about it then. But for now I'm going  to call it a night, I'll see you around firefly boy" Levi laughed as he walked away from the Embarrassed boy.

"You know it all asshole.." Eren smiled like the idiot he was.

At least it was Quiet...

Yeah uhh hi... I made you a chapter I got another I need to edit! If you spot any errors or anything please point it out! Or umm have any advice for writing without procrastinating give that 😭😭