Truth or Dare

"Hey B, the Aqualad is thinking of having an overnight Team building thing this weekend at the Cave." Dick mentioned to Batman as he entered the Batcave for patrol.

"And?"

"I would like to join them. It would be fun plus, team building is important for our missions to work." Robin explained while changing into his uniform.

"Do you plan on breaking the rules and telling them who you are or are you planning on wearing your mask or glasses the whole time?" Batman raised an eyebrow at Robin.

"I was hoping to tell them who I am, with your permission of course." Robin said. "I mean, Wally and Roy already know and with going to school with Artemis, it'd be nice for them to know."

"I'll think about it. Let's go on patrol and we'll see at the end of the night." Batman said, getting into the Batmobile.

After patrol they headed back to the Batcave. "Well? Can I text Wally and tell him I'll be able to go this weekend?" Robin asked as he went to go change.

"I suppose you can go team building is important in our line of work. And I've thought about it and you can tell them who you are." Batman said, taking his seat at the Batcomputer.

"Really? This means that they'll know who you are. It's not a big leap from Dick Grayson ward of Bruce Wayne being Robin to Bruce Wayne is Batman." Dick said.

"I know, Dick. I trust your judgement though and I trust that the others will keep both of our secrets." Batman said, turning away from his ward and towards the Batcomputer to work on a case. "Go tell Wally you can go and shower. I'll see you in the morning."

"Thanks, B!" Dick took off up the stairs out of the Batcave to shower and text Wally.

Dickie-birb <3: Yo Walls!
Wally <3: What's up, babe?
Dickie-birb <3: B said I could go to the sleepover!
Wally <3: Awesome!
Dickie-birb <3: Why are you up?
Wally <3: Finishing up some homework so I can go this weekend.
Dickie-birb: Go to sleep, dude.
Wally <3: I will when you do.
Dickie-birb <3: I am as soon as I shower. Just got back from patrol.
Wally <3: Ok I'll go to bed as soon as I finish this page.
Dickie-birb <3: Good. Night babe.
Wally <3: Night!

Once Saturday hit Dick spent the morning packing for the overnight at the Cave. "Master Dick, lunch is ready and Master Bruce said you can go to the Cave with your friends as soon as you're done eating." Alfred said about noon.

"Thanks Alfie. Did Bruce tell you that he's letting me tell the Team my identity today?" Dick asked as he and Alfred walked to the dining room for lunch.

"He did. Do you know how you're going to tell them?" Alfred asked.

"I think I'm going to have Wally suggest Truth or Dare and have him or Roy ask me my identity during the game." Dick said.

"Oh, is Master Roy going? I didn't know he was on the Team." Alfred said, placing a plate of food in front of Dick.

"He's not technically but he's friends with Kaldur, Wally, and I so we invited him. Roy and Artemis need to learn to get along and Conner, Zatanna, and M'gann don't know him very well so it'll be nice for them to really meet him." Dick said before starting eating.

"That'll be nice for all of you." Alfred said before heading back to the kitchen.

After eating and cleaning up his mess, Dick grabbed his bag and headed to the Batcave to zeta to the Cave.

"Recognized. Robin B 0-1."

"Robin!" Wally raced to his boyfriend's side to give him a big hug.

"Hey Walls!" Robin returned his embrace. "Is Roy here yet?"

"Yep."

"Good go grab him and bring him to our room. I got a secret." Dick grinned before heading to the room that he and Wally shared on the few nights they stayed at the Cave.

"So what's this big secret?" Wally asked once all three were in the room and the door locked.

"B said I can tell the Team my identity today." Dick grinned, taking off his sunglasses.

"Seriously?" Roy asked, surprised.

"Yep!"

"Do you have a plan?" Wally asked.

"Of course he does. He's a bat, remember." Roy said.

"Of course I do." Dick smirked. He told them the plan then the three of them joined the rest of the group in the living room for a movie.

"You know what we should do?" Wally asked the group after they'd finished the movie.

"What's that?" M'gann asked.

"Well you want the whole sleepover experience, right?" Wally asked.

"Of course!" M'gann replied.

"Then we should do truth or dare!"

"Of course! Why didn't I think of that?" M'gann exclaimed.

"Truth or dare?" Conner asked, tilting his head slightly.

"Does everyone want to play before we explain it?" Robin asked. Everyone else nodded so he continued. "Players are given the choice between answering a question truthfully, or performing a "dare", both of which are set by the others. So someone asked 'truth or dare' and you pick whether you want to answer a truth question or do a dare. Does that make sense?"

"I think so." Conner nodded.

"We should sit in a circle!" M'gann said.

"Who wants to start?" Robin asked.

"You start." Conner said.

"Ok, hmm... Conner, truth or dare?" Robin asked.

"Dare?"

"Draw a stick figure with the pen held in your mouth." Robin said, pulling a pen and pad of paper out from seemingly nowhere.

"Ok?" Conner said, taking the pen and paper.

When Conner was done he showed it off.

"That's not bad!" M'gann smiled.

"Thanks, M'gann. Roy, truth or dare?" Conner asked.

"Truth."

"Boring." Wally said.

"Just ask me something." Roy rolled his eyes.

"Have you ever snuck ice cream during a sleepover once everyone else was asleep?" Conner asked.

"Of course." Roy shrugged. "Those two used to fall asleep so early." He laughed, gesturing to Robin and Wally.

"We did not!" Robin exclaimed indignantly.

"Compared to me you did." Roy laughed again.

"It's your turn, just go." Artemis from across the circle.

"Fine then, Artemis, truth or dare?"

"Dare." Artemis glared at Roy.

"Catch 10 pieces of popcorn that's tossed by someone else. I'll even let you choose who."

"Z you do it." Artemis said, grabbing the bowl of popcorn they made for the movie and handing it to her girlfriend.

"Sure." Zatanna took the bowl from her and started tossing pieces of popcorn into her mouth. "That's 10." She said after Artemis had caught 10 in a row.

"How are you so good at that?" M'gann asked.

"Practice." Artemis shrugged. "M'gann, truth or dare?"

"Truth." M'gann smiled.

"What's the craziest thing you've ever done?"

"Probably when I stowed away on my Uncle J'onn's ship to come to Earth." M'gann laughed.

"Well, we're glad you did." Robin said with a smile.

"Thanks, Robin." M'gann smiled.

"It's your turn." Zatanna reminded her.

"Kaldur, truth or dare?" M'gann asked.

"Truth."

"If your life was a movie, who would you want to play you?"

"Hmm... Michael B. Jordan probably." Kaldur shrugged.

"You know who that is?" Wally asked.

"Of course. Roy made me watch Creed and Creed II" Kaldur shrugged again. "Zatanna, truth or dare?"

"Dare."

"Do a handstand until after the end of the next turn."

"Can I lean against the wall to stop from falling over?" Zatanna asked.

"I don't care." Kaldur said.

"Ok, sounds good." Zatanna said, flipping upside down against the closest wall. "Ok, Wally, truth or dare?"

"Dare."

"Do as many cartwheels in a row as you can."

"Sure." Wally shrugged before getting up and starting to do cartwheels.

"Only 3? I thought you'd gotten better at them?" Robin laughed at his boyfriend.

"That is better. I used to not be able to do any, remember?" Wally laughed.

"That's true. It's your turn." Robin reminded him.

"Well, Rob, truth or dare?"

"Truth."

"What's your real identity?" Wally asked.

"Dick Grayson, ward of Bruce Wayne." Dick said, pulling his sunglasses off.

"What?!" Artemis jumped up.

"Are you going to get in trouble for telling us? I was under the impression that you were not supposed to tell us your identity." Kaldur asked.

"B said that I could tonight." Dick shrugged.

"We'll laugh about this someday?" Artemis asked, hands on hips, hovering over Dick.

"Are you not laughing at this?" Dick asked with a grin.

"I know I am." Wally added from next to Dick.

"If you're Dick Grayson, does that mean that Batman is Bruce Wayne?" Zatanna asked, pulling her girlfriend back to her spot in the circle.

"Yep." Dick nodded.

"That's insane!" Artemis exclaimed. "Bruce Wayne is who gave me the scholarship to that fancy school you go to."

"The fancy school we go to. And I totally told him to." Dick grinned.

"Why?" Artemis asked.

"Felt like it." Dick shrugged.

"Why is Bruce Wayne Batman? Why are you Robin? I mean, you all could do anything with the money you have." Artemis asked.

"Well, I can't speak to B's reasonings beyond he lost his parents when he was young and it changed how he looked at life. As for myself, M'gann, Artemis, and Conner, do you remember Haly's Circus that we went to for that one mission to stop Parasite?" Dick continued after the three nodded. "Well I grew up in that circus. My parents, John and Mary, and I were the Flying Graysons. When I was about nine, Pop Haly had us in Gotham during our American tour. I saw some man get in a fight with Pop about protection money. I didn't know what he was talking about at the time. That night while on the trapeze one of the wires snapped and both my parents fell to their deaths."

Wally put his arm around Dick to comfort him while Dick continued. "Bruce and Alfred took me in but I was consumed by my rage for the man who caused my parents deaths. I learned his name and tracked him down on my own and tried to kill him. Batman stopped me. I learned Bruce's secret and he started training me. It was a way to take out the anger I had productively. The two of us finally caught the man who tore my family apart and B finally convinced me to let him live and turn him into the police. Robin is what my mom used to call me because I was born on the first day of spring and I always liked to be in the air. I took on that name when I became a hero to honor them. My first outfit was based on our circus performance uniforms also to honor them. Just using Bruce's money to help people wasn't enough for me."

"Ok, you need a hug." M'gann said, moving over to Dick to wrap her arms around him.

"I'm always up for hugs." Dick smiled and returned the hug. One by one everyone else joined in on the hug.

"I don't think we're gonna be playing anymore truth or dare tonight." Wally laughed.

"That's ok. It all was just a ploy to announce my identity to the Team anyways." Dick grinned, still in the middle of a large group hug.

"I think you told the whole story as a ploy to get hugs from everyone. You're not even crying." Wally laughed.

"I could probably cry." Dick shrugged.

"Ok, that's enough of that for me." Artemis said, extracting herself from the pile. "I'm still mad about school."

"You'll forgive me." Dick snuggled deeper into the pile.

"Probably. Now, are we doing anything else during this sleepover or are you all just going to cuddle Robin all night?" Artemis asked.

"You can call me Dick now. As long as we're not in uniform." Dick laughed.

"That might take some getting used to." Zatanna said.