Part 1

Someone's POV

I can't sleep. My mind is overthinking, thinking about the past... Doubts... Regrets... Anything... Everything. I want this to wear off. It needs to stop. I need someone to comfort me...

Someone to comfort me...

Oh, he can help! I know he can.

Well, I'm at my friends' rest house which is far away from the city, surrounded by trees and open fields, it's peaceful and quiet. A perfect place to escape from reality for a while. We didn't see each other for months. So we planned that I'll be staying in his house for four days before the summer ends. Time flies so fast. Everything happens in a blink of an eye. Long story short, this is my last day here.

Aaaaaaahhhhhh! I can't sleep peacefully because of these stupid thoughts! Should I go to his room? But it's already 10 pm! I think he's dreaming now, dreaming some cool stuff he wants like catching insects. It's unethical if I come. But... He told me that he is available all the time...

“If you have a problem or anything that is bugging you, just come to my place and let me know. We'll fix it together.” he assured.

Staring blankly at the ceiling, thinking of my next move. What should I do? Should I go on or keep this mood going on? There’s only one way to find out. There’s no turning back. I'll just take the consequence. Sigh.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I got up from the sofa and went to his room. I tiptoed on the smooth wooden floor so I wouldn't make some, or even a single, noise that would wake them up. I moved carefully as I could until I reach my goal.

Standing at the door, outside his room. I'm having my second thoughts again. Should I go on, or keep this mood? Okay, relax. Take a deep breath. If he's awake, then tell it; stay there for a minute and leave. If not, just leave and go back to sleep.

I slowly open the sliding door. It didn't make a sound. I quickly scan the small room as I enter. All I see is darkness. The moonlight that comes from the window in the center of the room strikes the lower-half part of the bed. Its dim light helped me a little to see some things, like the flower vase with red tulips that we picked today near the lake. It was placed on his study table near the window. Those flowers remind him about her. Yup, he's a grown-up man, err male. Oh, when love hits you hard. It makes his tail wag...

Commercial break. Back to business.

I look carefully at his bed. Of course, he's lying down there but I can't see him. Is he facing me?.... Mmmmmm... Guess not. (He's sleeping, so leave him alone!) Hold on a second, he snores when he sleeps. He didn't snore since I enter his room, which means... He's-

*Snores*

...

Fast asleep. Oh well, looks like this is the end of my quest. Mission failed. Sigh. This feeling, it's happening again. The sadness... Emptiness... It slowly eats my inner peace, dragging me in the darkness to consume my soul. The cold wraps around my body, freezing it. But it didn't bother me anymore. I'm already immune to it. My mind is screwed up. My conscience is scolding me;

What are you doing here!?... What are you thinking!?... You did not hesitate before doing this!.. Your hasty decisions and acts will lead you into trouble again!... Shame on you!!

Well, my conscience is right. Sorry if I didn't think twice nor thinking straight. I should listen to you in the first place. I'm just bringing shame in myself, just like what I do every time. What would his grandpa think if he caught me here? A human was sneaking into his friends' room in the middle of the night. Isn't that suspicious? The worst part, what would he think if he caught me?

Oh, hey! It's just me standing here like a post! Just watching how you sleep... Protecting you from the... Boogeyman! Yeah! Heh heh. Nothing to worry about! No more, no less. Just... Don't mind me at all. Nevermind...

It's not convincing, I look stupid! Hmmmm... *Ding!*  Aha! It's for my research purposes. Yes! That's perfect! That will be my excuse, a perfect alibi.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I sense something. Does he move? D-did I wake him up?? Oh, no! I just stayed here in this room for more than a minute! Looks like my scent almost spread up, filling the whole room. Enough to trigger his feral instinct. I can't tell but only one thing is certain, He sensed me already. No. Please, it should be wrong. My theory should be wrong! It should be...

Neglecting my thoughts, I'm about to leave the room before anything happens. Suddenly, a strange, growling sound ringed in my ears. Oh, s-

"I know you're there."