3- Doxy hunt

It has already been two days and Althea still couldn't stop thinking about Professor Riddle and how he looked at her, how he made her feel and how he made her obey him without missing a beat. Let alone, how did he know about Cygnus?  

There's only one answer she can think of, Legilimency. That means he got in her mind and saw her stupid intentions. Merlin's beard, that's embarrassing!

She doesn't know for sure, though. Maybe he's just good at guessing or maybe she misunderstood his statement. Nevertheless, she has an idea to find out if he can read her mind. A great idea that you'll find out later. 

Alright, alright, she's going to think of stupid stuff to get his reaction. Yeah, how sharp she is, right?

But right now she has something else to worry about, finding a doxy. They were having Care of the Magical Creatures with Professor SilvanusKettleburn. Their task today is to find that creature in the Dark Forest and somehow catch it. But they had to be careful, these magical creatures are poisonous. 

It was a group project and she was teamed up with her friends Celestia and Agnes. 

They've been searching for half an hour and they slowly to loosing their motivation. There was no one to be seen and that meant, no one would know if they were chit-chatting or singing or dancing or doing whatever they want. 

Agnes started to sing "Would you like to swing on a staar?" waving her hands humorously in the air to the melody. Althea joined her "Carry moonbeams home in a jaaar" Celestia warned them with a chuckle "It might not feel like it but we're still in a class!"  Agnes and Althea kept on singing, "And be better off than you aaare..."

They pulled Celestia's arm playfully and asked with the song "Or would you rather be a muuule?"

Celestia finally joined them. With the lyrics of the song they were doing silly dance moves and laughing at each other. "A mule is an animal with long funny ears..." To demonstrate the ears, Althea lifted her arms up and leaned them to her head. Then she swung them in the air.

Celestia stopped after seeing a doxy watching them on a tree branch. She whisper yelled "Guys, a doxy!" 

They all froze. 

The creature had it's curious big eyes on them. It looked like a fairy, but with many arms and legs. It's wings were on it's head, as a result they looked like ears.

"No, keep dancing. I think it likes it."

Althea and Agnes danced cautiously while keeping their eye on the doxy. They looked quite absurd, to be honest. "What do we do now?"

"It's too far away. We can't risk missing it, it would scare it off." Celestia stated.  "We serve the treat Professor Kettleburn gave us. When it comes close enough, we use the Stupefying Charm and then put it in it's cage."

A male's voice came from their behind, "Great idea," It was Abraxas Malfoy with his gang, "for a bunch of unskillful withes like you!"

Cygnus Black pulled his wand swiftly and shouted "Stupefy!"

The doxy fell on the ground. The boys acted fast and caged it. Agnes tried to jump on them but Celestia and Althea held her. "They're not worth it, Agnes. We can find another one."

"Celestia is right. Do the foolish dance of yours again, it's really a beast's taste." mocked Malfoy.

This time they couldn't hold Agnes. She yelled "Locomotor Wibbly!" 

The spell hit Malfoy. His legs became wiggly and couldn't carry him anymore. As he fell down on the ground, Agnes mocked him back, "Now you can't do the 'foolish dance of ours', even if you wanted to!" 

Before his friends could pull their wands out, Althea and Celestia stupified them. Using an offensive spell on Cygnus made Althea feel oddly powerful and satisfied. It was like taking revenge on him for making her heart hurt.

They took the caged doxy ang threw the empty cage next to the stunned boys. Althea gave them a fake smile, "Good luck catching your own doxy!" 

They playfully waved their hands to the boys as they went on their way.

.

here's our doxy:

source: https://harrypotter

source: https://harrypotter.fandom.com/wiki/Doxy?file=Doxy_concept_art.png