4- Detention

Yesterday was fun and all but Althea and her friends lost 50 House Points and got detention for using those spells on the boys. And the Head of Hufflepuff, Professor Beery, looked very disappointed in them which made Althea feel even worse. He has been looking after them since they came to this school and it has always been Althea's dream to make him proud one day.

If we look at the bright side though, the girls accomplished their task at the Care of the Magical Creatures class. Professor Kettleburn even congratulated them for luring the foxy with their dance.

Yet again, there was still one consequence they needed to deal with. The detention.

The teacher who was supposed to watch them on their detention was Professor Riddle. That exited Althea because it was a chance to try out her plan. She was surprised she looked forward to a detention.

And there they were, in the Classroom 3C since Professor Riddle's office was too small for the three of them with the teacher.

Althea chose the table right in front of the teacher's table. You know why...

Professor Riddle came in and sat on his table, as expected. A big smile appeared on Althea's face when she started to think of stupid things while looking at him. Professor Riddle was looking back at her with a raised brow so she knew she got his attention.

Elephant poop, butterfly poop, poop on a stick... no, it's not working. His expression has not changed at all. Why can't she think about something other than poop?

Wait, if he can see what's on her mind, then he might know that she's trying to find out if he can read her mind. So he probably wouldn't give away that he is reading her mind. Merlin, why is this have to be so complicated?

"Miss Cattermole, you are supposed to tell me if your task is unclear."

As Professor Riddle declared, she realized she was staring at him the whole time. She broke the eye contact and started writing "I muss not hex my fellow students" on the paper in front of her.

After a while, Professor Riddle got up from his chair, then walked towards the coat hanger to hang the coat he just took out. It was the first time Althea saw him without his coat. While he was hanging it, she realized how cute his bum looked. It would feel really nice and hilarious to smack his little curvy butt.

Professor Riddle slowly turned his head to her with his shock visible on his face.

Oh, he really is reading her mind.

And he KNOWS what she was thinking!

Althea immediately went back on her task, feeling ashamed of what she had just done, or rather, thought. She wanted to disappear but she was obviously not allowed to leave detention. All she could do was to hide her face with her left hand while still writing. But then she heard his cold voice.

"Follow me to my office, Miss Cattermole."

She felt alarmed and looked at her friends seeking for help, even though she knew they couldn't do anything about it. They didn't even know anything about it.

They looked confused as Althea was heading towards to the office behind the teacher's desk who was feeling more anxious with every step she takes up to the little balcony.

Before entering the office, she dramatically mouthed her friends goodbye.

Professor Riddle closed the door behind her and went to his desk. He didn't tell or gesture her to sit, as he didn't sit either. He just went behind his desk and leaned on it as he looked at her carefully.