Chapter 3

"Sight seeing sounds great.  Any chance we can go and grab me a hotel room before we start?"  Ed asks. 

"You'll be staying with me, there's no reason for a hotel, I mean unless you want to."  I say ending with a smile.

"That would be lovely, honestly.  Thank you so much Willow." 

"It's no big deal, really Ed."  I say tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.  "Do you want to drop off your things?"  I ask.

"No, I think I'm okay."  He says with a slight nod.

I shake my head in agreement, and back out of the restaurant parking.  I start driving down the busy road, and 15 minutes later I was parking my truck.  

"Where are we?"  Ed asks, his eyes scanning over the long river laying in front of him.

"This is the Detroit river.  It where I come to think or write.  It's got a lovely path to walk down.  Would you like to?"

"Yeah, of course love."  As he said the word love, my cheeks turned a burning crimson.  Ed laced our fingers together as we started our stroll down the river.  It's easy to say that my blush got darker.

"What's across the river?" Ed asks, using our interlaced hands to point.  

"That, dear Edward, is Canada."  I said smiling goofily at him.

He lets out a low chuckle and goes "Oh, yeah, I knew that."

It's impossible not to love him.  I feel my phone buzz in my pocket, and I pull it out.  Lily was texting me frantically.  

WILLOW MY BROTHER IS HERE AND HUNGRY YOU SAID YOU WOULD COOK

YOU KNOW I CAN'T COOK AND WE'RE BROKE

Willow pleaseeeee come home ily

"Uhm, I totally forgot that my roomies brother was coming over today, and I told her I would cook.  Are you okay if we leave early?"  I ask.

"Yeah, of course.  If I'm with you, everything is fine.  I don't care what we do, I just want to be with you."

I smile largely, and start to lead us back to my truck.  About twenty minutes later we pull into my apartment complex.  Ed grabs his bag and my hand as we walk into the building.  I lead him to the elevator, and click the button for the eighth floor.  As we exit the elevator, we turn right and then left, entering the apartment.

"Ed, you don't mind sharing a room with me, do you?"  I ask.

"Not at all love."  He answers.  I show him to my room and say, "Put your stuff wherever, and make yourself at home.  I'll be cooking, so come in the kitchen if you'd like."  

He nods, and then follows me to the kitchen after dropping his bags.  I grab two frying pans and in one I grill chicken and in the other I saute vegetables.  Next I reach for a big bowl in a high shelf, but  it was just out of my reach.  Before I could ask him to grab it, he's already pressed up behind me, grabbing the bowl for me.  He drops the bowl on the counter, spins me around, and kisses me softly.

"Willow!" a deep voice interrupts us, belonging to Tony.   Ed and I jump apart, and Tony comes and gives me a hug.  

"Tony!"  I scream, running to give him a hug, and as I do, I watch Ed's head drop.

"Ed, this is my friends brother, his name is Tony.  Tony, this is a very good friend of mine." 

"Hi Ed."  Tony says with a smile on his face.

"Hello," Ed says staring at me.

"I can smells your cooking, Wills.  Is it chicken? I've missed your chicken."

"Of course I made chicken, Tony.  Who do you think I am?"