two

Time skip: You and Rodrick have been practicing after-school almost everyday

"Hey, do you want to practice this weekend?" Rodrick asked.

"I can't. I go over to my mom's this weekend." you responded, "I wish I could."

"Aw, man. That sucks." Rodrick sighed, "I guess we'll have to practice without you."

"Could you handle losing the best player?" you joked.

"Haha, very funny."

You laughed, "It's only for two days."

Rodrick smiled, "I guess we can manage."

"Do you ever plan on getting the band a gig? To show off the band."

"I've thought about it but everyone I've talked to said I would have to book months in advance." Rodrick's voice was irritated about it.

"I could probably book one a couple towns over, where my mom is. If the band is okay with that."

~~{}~~

You arrived at your mothers house and she was still mad at you for getting expelled.

"Mom, it's not my fault! It's the—" you started

"No! This is entirely your fault! Maybe if you weren't gay he wouldn't have called you a slur!" your mom yelled back.

Your mouth dropped open, "This is why I stayed with dad!"

You ran to your room and slammed the door. You fell to the bed and pulled out your phone and texted Rodrick.

Y: Hey, what are u doing

R: Being bored, what abt u?

Y: My mom's being an ass. I want to go back home.

R: then come back

Y: I can't, sadly 💀 i can't get the cops called on me again.

R: again? why'd u do?

Y: i ran away. nothing weird happened, i didn't get far cuz she's crazy.

R: u could always say that you r going to the store to get away for a few. that's what i do whenever i need to get away from mom and greg.

Y: i'll try that. i'll let u know how it turns out.

You got up from your bed and grabbed your wallet. Your dad gave you one hundred dollars before you left for your mom's.

You grabbed your wallet and shoved it in your pocket, you threw on your green flannel and left your room.

You looked downstairs and saw that she wasn't there, so that was a great time to leave. You walked down the steps and walked out the door.