three

Rodrick laughed

Rodrick laughed. Quietly because his mom was downstairs.

"How did you even get up here?" Rodrick asks.

"Your house has a lot of loose bricks, so it was easy to climb the side." you smiled, "Besides, being grounded sucks. What did you even do?"

"I threw a pillow at Greg."

"It's just a pillow. It's not like it could actually hurt him." you rolled your eyes

You sat down on a chair and handed him the two photos Annie gave you, "Here. I was going to give you these photos Saturday, I just forgot."

Rodrick took the photos and pulled out a thumb tack and stuck it to the wall.

"Saturday night seemed like a dream." you said, "I still can't believe we got to perform. It was awesome."

"One-hundred percent. That night was amazing." Rodrick agrees.

You put your head in your hands and smiled at him, "Are you going to tell me what I said when I was drunk?"

"There's nothing to say." Rodrick shrugged, "You got mad because I threw away the alcohol. I was going to drive you back home, but you said no. We continued to fight, but you eventually fell asleep in the van."

You squinted at him, "There's something you're not telling me."

"No there's not. It was as simple as I said."

You snap, "I know what it is. You got a girlfriend."

"No."

"Yes, that girl. That you were—"

"She's not my girlfriend."

"Oh..." you mumbled to yourself, "Then I don't know what it is."

"Speaking of which, why did you just disappear without telling me. You left with Annie for a second and when I did... kiss...that girl I turned back and you were gone. I asked Annie where you went and she said outside. So why'd you just leave and not tell me?"

Because I was jealous. "I was just kinda upset. We were having a good time and it just—"

Rodrick's door opens and Greg pops his head through. His mouth opens. You run at the door and pull  him inside and cover his mouth with your hand, "You can't tell your mom."

Greg looked up at you while you took your hand off, he started to yell, "Mom—"

But you covered his mouth again, "What do you want, kid? Money? Candy? Pop?"

"Depends. How much money do you have?"

You clenched your jaw and pulled out your wallet, you handed him thirty dollars, "Will that shut you up?"

Greg took the money and put it in his pocket. He walked out of the room, zipping his mouth shut (imaginary ofc).

"What did you want Greg?" you could hear Mrs Heffley faintly down the hall.