Chapter Thirty Four: A Parting Note

Last chapter bois.

--

"Evidently when I told you your hyungs could do damage to those who proved trouble, I was forgetting a crucial person." PD-nim grumbled, having just gotten off the phone with the disgruntled management of SM Entertainment before this present meeting with his most treasured group.

Jungkook glared at the ground, a red tinge flooding across his face at the disappointed, yet amused scowl directed his way. His hand still sported the faint purpled bruises from the incident, the image playing in the back of his mind as a constant reminder of the anger Ji-Seok had stimulated from him.
"I'd also like to discuss your anger management Jungkook." The maknae looked up, unsurprised at the statement from the CEO of BigHit, "This is the second time you're in my office with bruised fists."
"Sorry Sir," he muttered, a wash of nerves cascading over his body at the thought of what PD-nim might truly think of him in that exact moment.

Sensing his nerves, Bang PD smiled warmly, "Don't worry little one. I was like you at your age." He then turned to the rest of the group. "Right! We've got a lot to discuss." And they did.

BTS were far deeper into the limelight than the last time some sort of hidden secret threatened their media presence and image. In the past, Bang PD was happy to let the boys themselves figure out most of the rules regarding Jikook, in the comforting knowledge that any small slipup would only be seen as cute skinship by the fans. Or not so cute, Bang PD smirked to himself, Depending on the mood BTS were in.
On that note, he knew he also needed to have a word with them about their teasing suggestiveness and adrenaline pumped close interactions on stage. While it was fine in a culture that knew them well, he was anxious that in their most major trip to America, it might give off the wrong message.

Yes. America.

Settling back into his office chair, he allowed the group to depart in the comfortable knowledge that Jikook were safe and the boys would be determining some much needed dorm rules to add even greater security to their beloved secret. And sanity, Min Yoongi liked to remind them all.

The CEO knew he couldn't keep Jungkook and Jimin severely seperated all the time and, even if he'd wanted to, he didn't have the heart to either. Besides, he didn't regard the ship name they had among the fans as too threatening or much near the truth. Most who shipped them were respectful and many of them claimed they hardly believed it to be true anyway. In addition to this, the two maknae's were just as terrified as he was for them about Jikook being outed as truth, so they were unlikely to attempt any risky stunts should they be in the right mindset. But, regardless, he had needed to set some ground rules.

These were not just rules for BTS, but also, the staff around them. They'd take more care in the placement of the two singers in media promotions, making sure nothing 'out of the norm' was expressed without reducing their expected levels of brotherly friendship. With this in mind, any editing would be more deeply scrutinised if Jikook were in a frame on their own... Or, with Taehyung. The little bear had become far to desensitised to their couple antics.
For Jungkook, he'd need to keep his jealousy in check, further monitored by BTS themselves and ensure none of the nicknames that now streamed without thought from his lips, were tucked well away when in the public eye. Jimin, had been advised to keep his flirting in control. It was something Bang PD found incredibly hilarious and liked the confident persona it gave off, but had the danger of getting wildly out of hand. That also included with other people, mind.

Filing out of the offices in a happy, chirpy mood, the boys bustled into the street, yelling at each other over who got to choose their dinner option for that night. It was finally decided Seokjin would cook whatever Jimin fancied... if within his capabilities.
"Hoseok." A voice called out behind them, so quiet that the rapper almost missed it entirely. Of course, he knew at once who it was, hiding in the shadow of the door to BigHit.
"Uh, guys, I-I think I left something behind. Go on without me, I'll call a taxi." BTS could do little more than frown in concern as Jung Hoseok darted back into the building.

The moment he had entered, shaking fingers grasped his wrist and hauled him into an empty office space, the door locking behind them with a sharp, ominous click, "H-Hobi-" Sae-mi's voice stuttered nervously. At once, the young man's eyes flew to her face and almost jolted in shock. Her cheeks were stained with heart breaking tears. In the shaking hand that was not wrapped aroind his wrist, clutched her phone tightly.
"Sae-mi... Baby..." he murmured, wrapping her into a tight hug, which she gratefully accepted. Pulling away slightly, he cupped both her damp cheeks in his hands and rested a gentle kiss against her trembling lips.

They stood there for a moment, lips simply hovering just close enough to enjoy the subtle, comforting touch. But then the trance seemed to break and Sae-mi took a deep inhalation of breath, taking a step away and wiping her streaming eyes.
"H-Hoseok. C-can we talk?" her voice barely came out in a shuddered whisper.

***

The evening was a rather peaceful one. The group had been granted two days off to think through what they'd been told in the meeting and let off some steam before maddness ensued. So, naturally, the evening played out with the hyungs of BTS sitting, watching in adoration ad the maknae's pratted about. Until, of course, they looked like they were having far too much fun with the karaoke machine and then, even Min Yoongi couldn't let them have all the fun.

Seokjin loved the power of music. Here they were, having experienced far worse any nightmare any of them could have imagined, yet prattling about as if the last six months had been peaceful bliss. It drew them together more successfully than anything else and never failed to lighten each one of their moods. A smile flickered onto his face as finally, when Yoongi and Namjoon started screaming out of tune lyrics to 'MAMA', a figure prised open the living room door and shuffled in to join them.

Their eldest bounded towards him giddily, engufling him in a hug as he muttered whatever lyrics he could remember to the song. He pulled away, used two thumbs to brush away Hoseok's final tears and then pushed him to where his best friends were horrifically mutilating his musical work of art.

Music. Seokjin grinned as the neat, wafting tones of JHope rapping pierced the babble of exaggerated, wailing screeches. Pure medicine for BTS. Pure medicine for all.
Turning his head, he just caught a glimpse of Jikook sharing a gentle kiss in each others arms, both grinning into each others eyes, seeming unwilling to unclasp their desperate hold on each other. Bless. He smiled.

The scene oddly drew him back to some of the final comments in the meeting that day. Something Bang PD had said, which sparked an odd feeling within his chest. Of course, it was a justified question, saving them all a lot of hassle if the answer was known and it had also been a partial joke. But for some reason, it made him feel uneasy.

"Right," PD-nim huffed, closing his book and relaxing into his chair, glancing at them all with a childish grin. "Before I let you go, is there anyone else here I need to know of in a secret relationship or gay?" The grin on his face told them he was simply joking, but no one could deny the unease that had settled around the room.

Seokjin had thought he'd seen Namjoon hesitate, looking around nervously as if he expected someone else to vocalise something. But then again... The oldest nodded to himself, he probably was just imagining things.

---
The End x

Hope you enjoyed it, I'm truly honoured by all the support I recieved foe this book and anything that occured to me as a writer on the way.

I'm truly so lucky to have you as readers and hope you trust my writing enough to stay with me on this next journey.

💜❤️💙💛🧡🖤