8. My Brother, The Idiot

Sunday 17th February

My phone ringing wakes me from my sleep again. I know from the foul taste in my mouth that I couldn't have been asleep for much longer than an hour. Before paying any attention to the caller ID, I glance at the time. 19:34. Yep, I'd been passed out all of thirty minutes. I grimace when I look at the name to find 'Damon' lighting up my screen.

"Who is it?" Harry's voice hums beside me, his hand soothing up and down my side as it had been while I was asleep.

"My idiot brother." I sigh, collecting my phone from the bedside table. "What do you want?"

"Oh, nice to speak to you too." Damon grumbles. "The address you gave me for your new place, is it still the same?"

"Yeah..."

"Cool, so why is there a pimped out Jag and an Audi sat on your drive, but no sign of my 106?"

I huff an irritated breath. "For fuck's sake." I put the phone down and throw the covers back, heading towards the door and collecting my dressing gown on the way out. As I stomp my way down the stairs I drag my arms through the sleeves, and I don't open the door until I've tied the knot.

When I fling the door open, Damon is standing frowning in the direction of the driveway still, with a duffle bag in his hands.

"Damon, what in Sod's name are you doing here?"

He turns to me, his frown swiftly replaced with a brilliant smile, and he takes three steps towards the front door. "Thought I'd pay my baby sister a visit!"

My incredulous frown deepens, eyes widening as I stare at him for a moment. "What for? And why didn't you tell me beforehand?"

"Why, is it an issue?" He asks, standing taller.

"Don't fucking broaden your shoulders at me, you twat. A heads up just would've been nice, I just fell asleep." I mutter through gritted teeth, moving aside for him.

He frowns at me as he takes a step inside. "Why, it's like... half seven?"

"Oh my God," I hiss under my breath, "go and sit in there." I point towards the kitchen.

"You got someone here or summat?"

"Yes!" I stress, pushing him out of sight. "Now sit down and shut up!"

"Fuckin' hell, you're more pissy than usual! What's wrong wi' ya?!"

"Damon, I swear to God. If you ask me one more question I'll hit the fucking roof." I warn, and turn around to walk back upstairs. Harry is hovering halfway down with a confused expression that I'm not entirely surprised by.

"Who's here?"

"Damon." I mumble, ushering him back up the stairs. "Put some pants on at least."

"Sure?" He teases, reaching behind him as I follow to tug at the tie on my robe.

"Oi!" I grumble, smacking his back before hastily covering myself up again. "I do not want a competition to see who has the biggest dick in the middle of my kitchen, thank you."

While Harry laughs his way around the room to put his clothes back on, I simply frown as I do the same. I'm not entirely sure what Damon wants or why he's here, and I have no idea how he and Harry will take to each other now that we're dating.

Once back in the kitchen, I ignore Damon momentarily to stick the kettle on, and pull three mugs out of the cabinet you keep them in.

"Tea or coffee?" I ask bluntly.