Feelings

Thursday, 10 P.M. Tobin and Christen are on the bus heading back to the hotel after their game - Tobin's POV

I was feeling exhausted after the game but feeling happy that we won. Most happy for Christen, for getting 2 of our 3 goals for the team. How is she just so good? I ask myself. 

Not realizing I've been sort of daydreaming, Christen nudges me. "Tobs," she giggled, "Have you even been listening to me?" I drop my head down, laughing and admit that I was lost in my thoughts.

"I thought so," she added, putting her hand on my leg. "What's on your mind, Tobs?" She questioned, sounding almost concerned. 

I pick my head up quickly and assure her that I'm fine. Actually more than fine, in fact. "No Chris, I didn't mean to make you worried, I was thinking about you, and the game." 

"Oh," she says cheerily, with that perfect smile on her face, "...good. We're almost back to the hotel." She added.

At the hotel

I grab my bag from the overhead bin and head off the bus, Christen trailing behind me. We make it back into our rooms and basically throw our bags onto the floor.

"I don't think I've ever felt more exhausted, Tobs," Christen tells me, falling onto her bed and sprawling out.

"Same for me," I say, grabbing a towel and heading to the bathroom. I stop and look back at Christen just before stepping onto the cold, tiled floor. There she is, just laying there, so peacefully. She must have heard my footsteps stop because she opened her eyes and looked over at me.

"What?" She asks. I only respond with a grin before I walk into the bathroom, shutting the door behind me.

As I get undressed, my shorts rub past the fresh turf burn from the game. I wince in pain, looking down at it. I shrug it off and step into the shower.

Tobin is in the shower - Christen's POV

I'm really happy with how the game went, tonight. This game felt different and I'm not sure why. Maybe because of Tobin? I don't know. I'm really into her, what if she doesn't feel the same? Ugh, I wish I could be in the shower with her right now. Is that weird?

My thoughts are paused as Tobin steps out of the bathroom with just a towel wrapped around her. She smells so good, like a good mix of charcoal soap and lemon. I grab my towel and glance over at her. I suddenly get butterflies but quickly snap out of it. 

"You done in the bathroom?" I ask as I walk towards her. 

"Yup, go ahead," she replied, stepping to the side so I can squeeze past her.

I close the door behind me and secretly inhale the good scent she left behind. I smile and undress and hop into the shower.

Christen is in the shower - Tobin's POV

I sit in my towel for 10 minutes and then decide to get dressed. I put a loose t shirt and sweatpants on, the usual. I'm bored now and Chris is in the shower. Dang. I wish I just asked her to join me in the shower. Is that weird? I push my thoughts aside. She doesn't even like me like that. 

I walk around in between our beds and plug Christen and I's phones in. I look at my phone. It's 11:34 P.M. I know I shouldn't have done it, but I turned Christen's phone over, too. Just out of curiosity, of course. There's a text message from Julie. 

Just tell her Chris, the worst thing that's gonna happen is that she'll say she doesn't feel the same way. 

Immediate butterflies. Is this text about me? I quickly turn her phone back over because I hear her opening the bathroom door. She walks out and I paused, standing there. She raised an eyebrow at me. Tobin, stop. Stand up straight, you look like an idiot, I tell myself.