Big Changes

It's 6 A.M. the next morning. Tobin and Christen have to get up for training - Tobin's POV

The alarm clock startles me as it goes off. Ugh. Only 6 A.M. Christen is reaching over before me to turn the clock off. We both look at each other and give each other tired smiles. 

"Good morning, Chris," I say, stretching my arms out.

"Good morning Tobs," she replies, doing the same. She rolls out of bed and gently climbed on top of me. I almost had forgotten what happened last night. I blushed. She giggled at me and she nestled her head into my neck. 

We lay there for only a couple minutes before I rubbed her back, whispering, "Mkay, we gotta get up, Chris." She shook her head. I laughed for a second before deciding we still have plenty of time. 

It's 6:15 A.M. The second alarm just went off, jumping both of us. 

"Aw man, guess we should really get going now." Christen says.

"Yup, let's get going." I respond.

We both walk into the bathroom and get ready together. Christen is putting her hair up now. She looks so pretty. I didn't realize I was staring until she pointed it out. 

"Earth to Tobin," she says, laughing. I laugh along with her and finish getting ready. 

It's 6:45 A.M. now and we're heading out the door to get breakfast and then to training. 

At training, it's 7:30 A.M. - Christen's POV

We're warming up now. I'm partnered up with Tobin and we're passing together. Julie is beside us running drills by herself. She glances over at me and winks. I snicker and look back over at Tobin who has a questioning look on her face.

"Oops, I forgot to tell you-" I start to explain what's happening before Tobin joined in.

"I actually sorta know already...about the texts," she laughs nervously. 

"Tobin! I knew that's why you looked nervous when I walked out of the bathroom!" I start laughing with her. 

We finish warming up  and then gather with the team to start practice.

End of practice - Tobin's POV

Vlatko is telling us about our plans for next game and we're huddling up for the end of practice.

"Good job today everyone," Vlatko says. I sort of drown out the rest of what he says before we all  say "Team!" and separate. I catch up with Christen after I take my boots off and we hop back on the bus to go back to the hotel. We leave to go back home tomorrow. 

"Hey, Chris. Good practice today." I say, sitting down in my seat. 

"You too," she says, with a big smile. I grab my phone and AirPods and put my favorite playlist on. I look at Christen and offer her an AirPod. She takes it. 

Back in the hotel - Tobin's POV

"I'm taking a shower, Tobs," Christen says as soon as we enter our room. 

"But I was going to take one first, Chris!" I argue. 

"Too late!" She exclaims, laughing and quickly shutting the door behind her. I run over to the door fast enough and managed to get the door back open. 

Christen stands beside the toilet, laughing. I run towards her and we get into a tickle fight. I picked her up and brought her back out of the bathroom and threw her on my bed. Both out of breath from laughing, we suddenly stop after getting caught in each other's eyes. I'm on top of her looking down into her eyes.