Part 10#

She heard yelling from inside from most likely from the chief. Stoick came out and ordered, "Ready the ships!" He stopped and looked slightly guilty, but then continued his way down to the boats.

Natasha watched as Hiccup left the hall with a sad look on his face as he went down to a cliff where they were getting Toothless chained up.

Natasha was following behind him. They both looked down at the boats. Hiccup was looking like he was holding back tears as Toothless struggled in the chains.

Silence

"Set sail! We leave for Helheim's gate!" Stoick ordered and he looked up at Hiccup with a red-headed friend beside him. He walked towards Toothless. \

"Lead us home devil" he spat and they were off.

Natasha and Hiccup watched as they sailed off. Natasha waited a moment before coming next to him looking in the distance. "This is horrible. You must feel terrible. You lost your father, your respect, your tribe, your best friend" She told him

"Thank you for summing that up" Hiccup remarked sarcastically. "Why couldn't I have killed that dragon when I found him in the woods? It would have been better for everyone" Hiccup asked himself

"Yep. The rest of us would have done it, well I would have a few months before, so why didn't you?" Natasha asked him

"Why didn't you?" she repeated

"I don't know. I couldn't" He said

"That's not an answer"

"Why is this so important to you all of a sudden?" He said snapping and getting frustrated, but she didn't even flinch.

"Because I want to remember what you say right her, right now" She told him

"Oh for the love of- I was a coward! I was weak! I wouldn't kill a dragon!" He yelled at her, but again, she didn't flinch.

"You said wouldn't that time" she said calmly

"Argh! Whatever! I wouldn't! 300 years and I'm the first viking who wouldn't kill a dragon!" Hiccup yelled at her and turned away

"One of the first to ride one though"

"So?" Astrid came out of nowhere, scaring Hiccup.

Realization struck Hiccup's features like lightning.

"I wouldn't kill him because he looked as frightened as I was. I looked at him and I saw myself." Hiccup said, turning to the two girls.

"I bet he's really frightened now" Astrid told Hiccup and Natasha nodded.

"So what are you going to do about it?" Natasha asked

"Uh Probably something stupid" Hiccup said

"Good, but you've already done that'' Natasha told him then a plan seemed to make it's way into his head. He started backing away and running "Then something crazy" he yelled out the plan "Natasha first you go get Scarlett, then help gather the recruits with Astrid"

"Now that's more like it" The girls said in unison running to their assigned jobs. Natasha ran to the cove and on the way there she was whistling "Scarlett! Come here, girl!"

Suddenly, there was a rattling in the bush and a blur o red and black jumped onto Natasha, licking her and whining.

"Ooh! Girl *Laughs* I missed you too and we'll find Toothless don't worry" And she got up and hugged her head while the dragon nuzzled her chest.

"Now come on let's go meet a friend!" and they flew to the arena, but Scarlett hid outside stubbornly wanting to make an entrance.

Natasha thought she was significantly more human than she and Toothless were which made her laugh.