Chapter 12

Today is the day. TechnoBlade and I are invited to the festival, Tommy, and Wilbur, however, are still banished. We plan for them to go in secretly, they have their invisibility potions ready. The festival is about to start.

"Bye Tommy, bye Wilbur! Stay safe, and please don't get caught." I warn them before they head down the strip mine leading to the secret tunnel into L'manburg.

"Don't worry y/n, we'll be fine!" Tommy assures me.

"Techno, protect her." Wilbur turns to Techno, his voice serious. Techno yawns and gives a small nod.

"Yeah, whatever." He says in his usual bored tone. We go our separate ways, Techno and I going on horseback while they use the secret tunnel system.

Techno and I arrive at the festival, I look around and see Tubbo standing by a booth nervously. I run over to him.

"Tubbo!" I call out.

"Y/n!" His face lights up when he sees me.

"Tubbo I have to talk to you about something..." I say as Tubbo twiddles his thumbs.

"Yeah me too," Tubbo says in a whisper.

"Tubbo, Dream warned us that there was a traitor. I don't know whether to trust him or not. Do you know anything about this?" I ask. Tubbo looks confused.

"No? Of course not!" He replies, but his face is a reddish color.

Tubbo's POV:

"Tubbo, Dream warned us that there was a traitor. I don't know whether to trust him or not. Do you know anything about this?" She asks. That's what she wanted to ask?

"No, of course not!" I reply. I can't believe that's what she wanted to talk about. How was I supposed to tell her I liked her? She probably doesn't even feel the same way, I saw the way she looks at Dream. The way he held her hand... she just thinks of me as a friend.

"Tubbo?" She asks, her tone slightly worried.

"Y/n..." I have to tell her, I can't hide my feelings for her any longer. She stares at me and raises an eyebrow.

"Y/n I really-" I start again with more confidence. Of course, Schlatt's booming voice cuts me off.

"Tubbo! It's time for your speech!"

Y/n's POV:

"Tubbo it's time for your speech! C'mon up here," Schlatt shouts, his grin wide. Tubbo locks eyes with me and quickly runs up to the stage. What did Tubbo want to tell me? Schlatt's voice interrupts my thoughts.

"Now for Tubbo's speech. Because damn, that guy is a wordsmith!" Schlatt steps back as Tubbo takes the mic. Tubbo puts on a big smile, but I can tell he's worried. Tubbo takes a deep breath.

"A wise man once told me that L'Manburg was like lettuce. There are so many layers of tasty and healthy goodness, and once you wash all the caterpillars and worms off the surface, it's a pretty goddamn good meal!" The crowd claps and Tubbo laughs nervously and continues.

"Schlatt has successfully washed all of the insects off our great nation. And with that, he's allowed the goodness and tastiness to shine through!" Schlatt stands behind Tubbo with a smirk.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are free to elect who we want. Free to live how we want, and most importantly, free to go wherever we want without the confine of those huge black walls. So with that in mind, I would like to thank everyone for coming to this wonderful event..." Tubbo trails off, his discomfort clearly visible. I wonder what Schlatt had done to him. Schlatt slowly begins to laugh as Tubbo concludes his speech.

"Anything else you'd like to add, Tubbo?" Schlatt with a pointed look at Tubbo. Tubbo put on one last big smile.

"Let the festival begin!"

Authors note: tysm guys for 10k+ reads! Sorry for the update so late at night, the next chapters are wild so stay tuned <3 love you all, have a good night!