help lol

i just checked my inbox and someone sent me a message about another author who they think is plagiarizing my inferno series & i didn't think much of it at first, but as i read it i was like damn this shit is a tad similar LOL

that's not to say my inferno series is completely original (obviously) considering it's heavily inspired by the ATLA series. nevertheless, all of my story lines are completely generated by my own head. it seems the book is following more of minseo's story too & that one is especially an original plot that i thought of.

tbh i never really expected any of my works to be plagiarized, especially since i've received such kind messages asking if they could create their own works inspired by my series, to which i've said yes to every single one. i would love to see more elemental au's and even if they aren't my original idea, it would be courteous to at least give me a thumbs up before creating a book uncannily similar to mine.

i wouldn't say i'm necessarily upset (maybe that's because i don't give myself credit when it's due), but my inferno series is truly my pride and joy. all the ideas and concepts including changing the whole idea of bending to shifting, creating fun and complex characters, coming up with non-cliche and intriguing story lines- they are all coming from my own creative mind.

now, as i've said before, maybe i'm overreacting, or maybe i'm just discrediting myself and my hard work, but i don't know what to do LOL. at the end of the day, elemental au's are not completely original and i can understand if people do it solely inspired by ATLA, but this is just a liiiil fishy. should i message the person, or leave it be? ahhhhhh i don't want to involve myself in any potential conflict :///