From The Moon (Narrative)

VOCABS TO BE USED: Pithy, Serrated, Sweltering, Exasperating, Profound, Despondent, Disparate, Arduous, Exhilarating

The mist shrouded the trees and the serrated, knife-edged bushes above the muggy earth. Velodya sprinted through the forest aimlessly, his breath caught in his throat and eyes shuddering with despondent terror. The wind howled. The moon hid behind the clouds. The night wasn't merciful at the crying pants of Velodya.

Where is Josh? His mind went spiraling back to an hour ago when he and Josh were in their mountain expedition. 

"Why the heck are we hiking so late at night?" Velodya babbled as he struggled to move another arduous step.

"You'll see," Josh exclaimed in an exhilarating tone, "there are rumors that at night in the mountains, somethingーor someone from the moon, will appear."

A sarcastic laugh slipped out of Velodya's lips, "your jokes are always pithy, but not this timeー" Before he could even finish, Josh suddenly vanished in the mist.

The moon showed herself from the wall of clouds, and Velodya didn't stop running. He sweltered in sweat even when the cold wind bit him until all he could feel was pain. Rocks crunched under his battering footsteps as he stumbled into the deadly and profound embrace of the mist. Then he saw someone. A distorted shadow in the moonlight. Velodya paused when the shadow moved closer.

"Josh?" The mist cleared gradually, but it wasn't Josh. It was a girl similar to his age, but she's definitely disparate from the modern era. Silver, jagged leaves covered her body down to her thighs. Tendrils were bent elegantly around her bare shoulders, wrists, and neck. As well as a rounded one that wrapped around her glistening, silver hair that wires and stretches down to her waist. 

"Velodya, is it?" Her voice echoed in great serene. As if the winds had died down and the serrated leaves smoothened its blades. Her eyes glimmered in a tint of apricot when she spoke.

"Who are yoー" Velodya's words came to a halt when he saw plants twisting and growing swiftly from where she stood.

"Follow me." The girl paced into the woods, and Velodya had no choice but to follow her. Branches scraped through his skin, drawing blood out of it. The girl, miraculously, ran swiftly as if there were no obstacles; her hair dancing back and forth as a flash of light approaches. 

She stopped at a cliff. The vast land of vegetation laid silently under them as the sun rose above the horizon like a round, yellow mango. The sweet aroma of daisies wafts along with the wind. As Velodya turned towards the sunrise, he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Velodya, there you are!" It was Josh's exasperating voice, "where have you been?!"

Velodya looked over his shoulder. She's not there anymore.

That joke was pithy after all.

(450 words)