A Winter Morning (Descriptive)

The soft sunlight indolently drifts in through the curtains. It's another new morning, where the gentle hums of sleep slowly grasp Dana back into the warm masses of her blankets. Dana clutches onto her pillow tightly. A chilling air twitched her skin as she snuggled deeper in the warmth. The morning is unusually frigid, and yet, the sunlight radiates its passionate vibrance into the room. A serrated splinter of light slices through, catching specks of dust that dance in its gaze, while the white curtains billowed and illuminated in a bright, golden yellow. Dana smiled blissfully at this tranquility. This reminds her of the days where she woke up in a beach hut last summer. Gentle sun. Singing birds. Warm blankets... there couldn't be any better. 

From nowhere comes a Golden Retriever, playful and quick, hopping swiftly onto her bed. A small, lively bounce rippled, pulling Dana away from her profound dreams. The Golden Retriever smiled jubilantly. Its fur is like an ivory, silky coat that tapers down to its legs, which is now glittering under the sunlight. Its tail, with extravagant, feather-like fur draping down from its underside, wiggled joyously as it rushes to lick Dana's sleepy face. Dana giggled gleefully and reached her hand out to it, noticing how the light pours through and illuminates like brilliant fireflies. She breathes in deeply. A new day has come. 

Dana arduously climbs out of bed, wrapped in her thick comforter from the cold. The curtains and the french window were pulled wide open within Dana's grasps, and the sunlight pours in like spotlights touching a stage. Dana's eyes widen in amazement. What once was a golden autumn street is now covered in a white, silky blanket of snow. Chilling winds gushed through her bones as a tiny breeze naughtily plays with her hair, making it dangle across her surprised face. Delicate, petite snowflakes dance down like petals from the sky, twisting and turning until one of them lands on her palm. It's cold. Its elegant shape melted into a crystal droplet of water in her warm palms while more of it slowly lands onto the snowy fortress. The Golden Retriever could wait no more as it dives recklessly into the first snow of winter. Dana couldn't help but burst into an exhilarating laugh at her dog, now surfing around relentlessly.

Today is the first day of winter.

(401 words)