0: Childhood rivals

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━∞

IT WAS A LOVELY DAY, first day of grade 1. You may hear the songs of birds, children's laughter and the light hums of young Y/n.

The teachers assigned the students to create a letter for a person you want to be friends with; Y/n already had a person in mind, he really caught her eye since he reminded her of a tomato.

"Hello! Can I borrow your red crayon?" Y/n faced the owner of the voice, it was the person she was creating a letter for, Reki Kyan. He had a smile on his face as he asked for the crayon.

"Sure just take it" Y/n beamed as Reki joyfully took the crayon.

A few more details and she's almost done, she only needs the red crayon.

She went to Reki's table since he had borrowed it, "Hi Kyan-kun, can I have the crayon back?" She requested. Reki looked at her then tried to avoid eye contact, "w-what crayon?" He questioned as a nervous laughter left his mouth.

Y/n looked at him, puzzled, "The one you're holding..?"

Reki looked at the crayon then at Y/n, "I'm still using it" he stated.

'This is nonsense' Y/n tapped her foot.

"Please, I just need it for a few moments then you can have it back" Y/n crossed her arms as she is getting a little impatient.

"But you said I can just take it" he recalled, "I meant you can borrow it, now please" Y/n extended her arm to retrieve the crayon.

"No" Reki answered as his palms start to sweat.

Y/n felt a tick in her head, "Just give it to me!" Y/n snatched the crayon but Reki was still holding on.

They fought for the crayon as their classmates started to cheer them.

"FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT-" the rants of their classmates were silenced when the teacher stood up, "what's going on there?" She walked towards them with a worried look, hoping no one was hurt.

With every strength that Y/n and Reki had they're still not giving up, but the crayon did. It snapped in half; the blunt tip with Y/n and the other half to Reki.

The teacher had just reached the scene, "What happened?" She asked. Y/n looked at the snapped crayon, her face was going red as her lips trembled and tears were building up.

"I'll be sure to tell dad about this!" Y/n yelled out of fury as she dashed to the door sobbing.

"I'll talk to you later" the teacher glared at Reki then followed the poor girl.

Ever since that day, rivalry between them started.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Started: 2/4/21 (9:45 pm)

Ended:???? (??:?? ??)

Edited: 4/16/23 (1:00am)